Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good to see more Elysians out there, sometime I thought I was the only one. You in for some fun times, how big are you planning to go? Have you decided on a color sceme yet? I'm looking to get some more vehicles myself, need to get five more Taros and two more sentinals for my guys.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
It's yet to be figured out how big I'll really go. I have a habit of building apocalypse sized armies. My raven guard is almost 10,000 PTS ant my Cadians are around 4,000 of just troops. I would like 2 full platoons plus maxed out fast attcks, elites and heavy supports.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know what you mean, I have yet to tally up my GK's and my Elysians are getting up there. But my plan for them pretty much mirrors your's.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I got started on painting my command squad. I went with a Catachan Green coveralls and black boots with OD Green webbing. I have the 1st Plt Commander painted and based. Ill get around to posting some pictures soon and hopefully after this weekend Ill be able to get the rest of the command squad done.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I had a productive weekend. I spent about 20 hours and was able to finish my 2 squads and finished the command squad the other day. I even had some time and got my Cadian vets done. Wednesday/Thursday Ill get some pictures up. Now just waiting for the replacement, non-swiss cheese models to show up and my other order. Hopefully today or Ill be bored the next 2 days off from work.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Now for my update. I finished building the new order I got from forge world. all except for one sentinel,, since it was missing the legs from the plastic kit. who whould have known that the kits that came with the sentinels were the old ones. im base coating the new stuff now.

as for the replacements from forge world, I wrote Ead back and asked him about the conformation for the replacements. He told me that the production team hasnt got around to filling the order. So since it has been 21 days since the replcement order was made, Ead said that onn monday he will have a new kit sent to me free of charge to help compensate me for the time.

Now for the pictures.
Command Squad:

2nd squad:

Trooper Cleese:

1st squad:

now the new stuff:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
also here is that bonus stuff. The cadian veterans with shotguns. very nice models from forge world and I will be buying more of them soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sweet man!! Glad FW is hooking you up, I have to say their customer service is great. Now if they can just work on their quality control.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thank you. Top ones are done. They actually have more highlighting then they look. For some reason the camera is being stupid and my lighting was bad. Up close you can see lighter folds in the jump suit.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So I just got in my next order of Elysians. I picked up 2 Tauros and 1 Tauros Venator, 1 sniper squad and some of the resperator heads for the Tauros gunners. I also bought a new sentinel so I can get the legs for my drop sentinel, since it came misisng one. as usual, pics to come.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of Elysians for a while now, but other things keep getting in the way. make them all veterans, it's cooler.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So Forge World finally got me my replacement models. it was trying and long, but I got some free Games Day only models with it and a new hades breeching drill. I have taken a brak from painting my drop troops so i dont get bored. I have 2 of my assault vehicles done (1 reg and the ventator) and I have assembled my snipers. I still have to build and base coat my other 20 troops. I will post when I get them done.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Sweet, glad to hear they hooked you up, especially with a limited fig!

Good luck with that breaching drill...lol, if your interested in some ideas you can check out my log LINK directly to the breaching drill. It was my first REAL attempt at weathering and I have learned alot since then. Are you planning on adding in some Krieg engineers to use the drill?

Anyways, looking forward to seeing you next update.

Regards,
DoE

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
So, I have been a little lazy with this project lately. I have the sniper squad, mortar squad, bolter squads, 1 sentinel, and 2 Tauros waiting for paint. but on a better note, I have 6 Vultures on the way. so this is moving along nicely.

I had to take a break from the project so i dont get bored with it. been working on my raven guard, a khorne army and starting a red scorpions army as well. So Ill update as I get more done.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts