Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a big fan of the Elysian Drop Troops ever since I read IA8. I posted a topic on here before asking for advice on an Elysian army. Thanks to all of the help that Vaz and Folketsfiende, I have finally got an working army list for a Elysian army and have placed my order with Forge World for the start. Due to the monitary costs of the units, It will be a slow moving growing army, but I am hoping that by April I will have a playable sized army in and working on. I just placed the order for 1 Cmd Squad, 2 drop troop squads and 1 equipment pack. After they get in, I will start the formal WIP log with pictures.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I might just give you some advice. I've got 2 units of elysians that i use for Vendetta bourn veterans in my cadian army. I bought a 10 man infantry squad and 2 of the melta teams to get my special weapons, its probably a good idea to build the melta guns on bike/40k cavalry bases, as, no matter how cool they look lying down and screaming about meltering tanks they're a pain to play with on the large bases they provide!

Have to say the models are very nice, i had some problems with missing weapons from the sprues when mine arrived so check yours over, both of my units were missing 1 arm and a grenade launcher. I still dont like the flamer models :p

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
koby - just say to Forge World that you're missing parts of the kit, and they'll send you extra's/replacements etc.

I ordered a Vulture and the Punisher Cannons - was missing one of the Punisher Cannons, and asked them about it, ended up with a second Vulture for free "by way of apology to an established customer". Mind, this was about 18months ago, so might have changed policy, but they're excellent to keep you coming back at least.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
koby - just say to Forge World that you're missing parts of the kit, and they'll send you extra's/replacements etc.

I ordered a Vulture and the Punisher Cannons - was missing one of the Punisher Cannons, and asked them about it, ended up with a second Vulture for free "by way of apology to an established customer". Mind, this was about 18months ago, so might have changed policy, but they're excellent to keep you coming back at least.
No, they're still excellent. I recently ordered the character upgrade kit, and it came missing the bionic leg. I rang about it and received a whole new kit by the end of the week. If there's one thing GW and associated companies do well it's customer service.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Oh yeh i know, they sorted me out with the parts, apart from the launcher because i forgot :S. Its the one thing you can count on with GW/FW. The return policy is next to none, you could probably take a regiment box in and say it came without sprues and they'd replace it. My main point was about the rediculous sized bases the elysians come on! I might still snap my dudes off and go for biker bases, its a pain in the ass, especially when disembarking people!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have been a big fan of the Elysian Drop Troops ever since I read IA8. I posted a topic on here before asking for advice on an Elysian army. Thanks to all of the help that Vaz and Folketsfiende, I have finally got an working army list for a Elysian army and have placed my order with Forge World for the start. Due to the monitary costs of the units, It will be a slow moving growing army, but I am hoping that by April I will have a playable sized army in and working on. I just placed the order for 1 Cmd Squad, 2 drop troop squads and 1 equipment pack. After they get in, I will start the formal WIP log with pictures.
Oh, goodie! Have fun painting. Have you decided ön a colour scheme yet? Elysian models lend themselves well to standard army patterns and different types of camouflage. As for the help, de nada - we need more drop troopers! Bring on the pics! From the skies!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I picked up my mail today and recieved my Drop Troops. I did I as I y'all said and checked each piece carefully and I found many many miscasts. almost all of the heads had airbubbles on the chins, all of the torsos have air bubbles on the corners of the bottoms, one foot had an airbubble on top of the foot, and most lasguns have some sort of airbubble. My command squad had 1 air bubble on the voxcaster head and did not come with bases. I wrote Forge World and hopefully Ill hear something real soon to what is going to happen. So until I hear from them, I cant work on the troops, since they most likely will want pictures of the damage and may even ask for them back. So in the mean time Ill do some work on my Cadian hostile envronment troops.

I have not figured out exactly the color scheme, but I am thinking of going with one from the IA8 book since I am also a Raven Guard player.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's unfortunate that you have had some bad luck with getting started, but as said before, FW's customer service is fantastic. You sould be up and running in no time, these guys are fun to play and I love their backstory. I'm putting together an Elysian army myself and I have a long way to go before they are done. Eventually I'll post some pics of my progress, to let everyone see where I am at. Good luck and can't wait to see your progress.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I wrote forge world and took pictures of all of the damage, emailed that, batch numbers to them and now just awaiting their response. hopefully in the next day or two I will hear something back. of course the 2nd time I looked at the models I found more issues, more air bubbles in the legs and missing a finger on the point army of the command squad. it was quite depressing to recieve my models like that, I was looking so forward to getting to build them.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, believe it or not, getting jacked models from FW is all part of the deal when you order products through them. You would assume they would have a better ‘Quality & Control’ but we already pay an arm and a leg for their products, so they probably care less and will just replace the models that are damaged. However, not once have I had an issue with getting replacements for my Krieg army. I know they know their shit is messed up, probably why they so easily replace them…then again, look were all our resin crack is made…”China!”

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I couldn't tell you how many models I have bought from forge world, and I guess I have just been lucky. I have never had an issue like this. Onlything I've had before were warped rhino doors and a hoe or two in them. You would think for the dirtier we spend for this stuff the quality control would be much better. But whet company what's to employ a dozen people just to do a detailed inspection of every single resin model it makes. It's most likely cheaper in the long run to replace our items. Now I play the waiting game with forge world for a response.

On a brighter note, the Cadian hostile environment troops and hardened vets w/shotguns look great.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I couldn't tell you how many models I have bought from forge world, and I guess I have just been lucky. I have never had an issue like this. Onlything I've had before were warped rhino doors and a hoe or two in them. You would think for the dirtier we spend for this stuff the quality control would be much better. But whet company what's to employ a dozen people just to do a detailed inspection of every single resin model it makes. It's most likely cheaper in the long run to replace our items. Now I play the waiting game with forge world for a response.

On a brighter note, the Cadian hostile environment troops and hardened vets w/shotguns look great.
Hm, you've had some bad luck. I've bought loads of elysian troops and they have never been in such a bad state as you described... well, hopefully Forgeworld will help you out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am still waiting for Forge World to writ eme back, been about 3 working days already. If I dont hear anything by tomorrow Ill write them again. here are the pictures of what I recieved.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up writing forge world on their facebook page. they responded and appologized for taking so long to respond, they are very busy after the holidays and will get to me as soon as they can with their 3 man-shift. I will advise once I have a actual response.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Well I would say you will most likey get an entire replacement. Once the replacements do get in (I have never seen FW require a product be sent back), you get brush up on your green stuff and fix those air bubbles.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ead, from Forge World wrote me back. My new order will be shipped in the next 7-10 days. GW and FW have great customer service. I will work in greed stuff and try to fix what I have.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I finally started work on my units. I have the platoon command squad and 1 drop troop squad built. I'll get some pictures taken Wednesday and post them. I have 2 long workdays (12 hr shifts) before my next day off. Illget the 2nd squad done Wednesday.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So all of the models I have so far are all built. I have primed them and here is my first photo update.

Platoon Command Squad

1st squad

minstery of silly walks trooper

2nd squad

everything so far

and a little bonus of something that im also working on......Cadian Veterans With Shotguns.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So new order has been placed with Forge World. still waiting for the replacement models from FW though. picked up the following:
Company command squad
Heavy bolter squad
mortar squad
vets with Shotguns
3 sentinels
and the weapons pack, equipment pack and the drop zone equipment pack.

looking forward to this. after that all will just need vehicles, and some fun stuff and will be a good start.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts