Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So doing an itc tourny list and need it to be competitive. I have been fooling around with this idea for a while now and am really digging the combination of iron hands and the kastellans, which I love, more than my girl friend, who has a gym ready fat ass to set on my face... But I'm getting distracted, she's been out of town for a couple days. I love the cult mechanicus book and all the models for competitive play. Te elimination maniple in particular caught my eye. +1 bs and ignore cover to the katephrons? Yes please with ap2 weapons this will mop up most units fairly simply. There are a couple of issues with this that need to be addressed though. One is that they will need to make it a round with out dieing. So I need to drop them on the board in some fashion. Like a dropped assault force in which about half o the units arrive from deep strike rounded up. So obviously I need space marines because I believe they have something to assist with that...
Second I run eldar more than frequently and the hard to kill stars the army can make represent whole wasted units worth of firing a turn. Can't have that. Need to be able to shut down psychic. Celuxes? Damn... Ok. Fine put his latexed booty in there to assist with that. Now need to field som psychers of my own to get a nifty feel no pain or prescience on what can be a potential misfire. So here's the list. I'm digging it.

Elimination maniple
X1 unit of kastellans
2x kastellans twin linked phosphor and carapace phosphor
1x datasmith

X1 unit of kastellans
2x kastellans twin linked phosphor and carapace phosphor
1x data smith

X1 unit of three katephrons with heavy grav cannons and phosphor guns

X1 unit of three katephrons with heavy grav cannons and phosphor guns

X1 unit of three katephrons with heavy plasma culverns and phosphor guns

Iron hands cad

Lib lvl2 force ax auspex

Lib lvl2 force axe

Five man Tac squad
Drop pod

Five man tac squad
Drop pod

There drop pods in the fast attack slot

A stalker

And finally the celuxes

So the reason I went iron hands is for the iwnd on the vehicles.

Te Libby's give me the opportunity to buff my katephrons or the kastellans as I need. And have a decent fnp if I run biomancy

There is a lot of ignores cover going on here. Auspex and phosphor really shut that down. I'm not interested in the flesh terrors formation for this reason: the pods from the tac squads are objective secured. So I can use them to hold objectives and I like the stalker for anti air. Interceptor skyfire makes me happy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts