- destructor

Wraithlord 140
- wraithsword
- BL

What do you think?

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
I think your Farseer would be better kitted with Fortune to help those Wraithguard Squads. I know points are tight but Conceal works well on Wraithguard, T6 with effectively 3+/5++ which is nice. You'll still get bogged down in Close Combat but you can't really do much about that.

Aramoro

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
As Aramoro said Conceal is fantastic for Wraithguard and when combined with Fortune you will get a 3+ re-roll save or a 5+ re-roll cover save and will save you quite a lot of times(It has me), however be carful of Flamestorm Cannons as they are currently the only weapon that will not give them and save tho it still needs 4's to kill them.

I think the Wraithword is a bit of a waste of time but you can't do thta much else with your points but the BL isn't really needed with a total of 20 wraithcannons what will destroy ANYTHING the same way. They destroy a Rhino the say way they destroy a Land Raider.

Guide is very useufl for Wraithguard as the Cannons wil almsot always destroy what they hit but you will stuggle without Fortune and i have found from experiance that not taking Fortune in a Eldar army that has atleast 10+ Wraithguard is a death sentance.

So here is what i suggest. Drop the Bright Lance and take something a little more to deal with hordes like a Scatter laser or possibly a StarCannon if you want the power still. This should also allow you to get in Fortune isntead of Guide. You then use the remaining points to give the warlock Conceal instead of Destructor.

Tactis wise you will destroy any marine army but be carful of Hordes and powerfists. Thunder Hammer termintors will destory them like they will anything else and things like Hormagunts will force you to take a ton of saves thanks to toxin sacs etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
atm your list is at 1007 not 997, i think you got destructor wrong...
so then when you swap for conceal (which i also think you should) and fortune (again good idea) that's 1027. so then dropping the wraithsword and BL you can only get the SL.. just thought i should say...
i personally would rather have 2 warwalkers with starcannons (i fight terminators often enough) but if it's a wraith army i'm guessing that's silly to suggest.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would not actually take conceal, as cover saves are easy to come by and AP 3 is scarce, but i would take enhance. Where your wraithguard are most vulnerable is in close combat, with only one s5 attack for each of their 35 points. Enhance makes you hit on 3s and go first. Also, i would take out the farseer and the wraithlord and get Eldrad, but that's personal preference somewhat. I do agree that fortune is a necessity on the farseer that you have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts