Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,848 Posts
The scorpions I would ignore, they will suffer against the Orks superior CC skills. Points for points these won't help you.
You're kidding right?
Fighting light infantry is what they DO, effectively 5 attacks on the charge (including pistol), striking before the Orks, they will kill 1 each on average, slightly more.
And they have a 3+ armour save to boot.
Each Ork, given they charge and are Slugga Boys (probably while Fleeting) will kill about 0.4 Scorpions, and it goes downhill for them from there, since they get cut down before they attack, and they lose heaps of effectiveness after the charge, going down to 0.25 kills per Ork, as opposed to the Scorpion's 0.625.

· Registered
6,848 Posts
I missed that Winterous good spot. Scorpions excel at cutting down light infantry, I think someone forgot to take his meds the morning (Bubblematrix) :laugh:
They're much better at killing IG, for obvious reasons.
Orks do put up a good fight though, since they're WS and T 4, meaning you both hit and wound on 4+ instead of 3+, which is saddening :<

And really, when you put numbers to it, everything seems a little underwhelming.
Woo, I'm killing 0.6 of a guy every turn :S
But that's actually fairly good.

· Registered
6,848 Posts
On a Guardian weapon platform, generally you either take a Shuriken Cannon, or a Missile Launcher, I probably wouldn't bother with anything else, one is cheap, one is decent and versatile.

Autarch, usually taking a Fusion Gun is a good plan, but he really can be suited to do almost anything.

I would almost always give the Scorpion Exarch a Biting Blade, that thing is a monster, and cheap too; powers depends entirely on how you plan to use them, but the Move Through Cover one never hurts.

Avenger Exarch, from what I've seen not always a good idea to take one, more dudes is fine, and you don't NEED to do Bladestorm.

Warp Spiders, Exarch with either gun upgrade (I like Spinnerette rifle myself), and Withdraw is nice.

War Walkers work very well with Missile Launchers, a nice barrage of attacks that can hurt just about anything fairly well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.