Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, its unlikely I will actually get this army, but its what I would take if I was takeing a WAAC eldar army. Basecly its about point denial then getting the objective on the last turn whale killing off what I can without loseing to much.

Farseer, singing spear, runes of warding, runes of witnesing, jetbike, doom, spirit stones, guide.

3 jetbikes, shriken cannon.

3 jetbikes, shriken cannon, warlock, embolden.

3 jetbikes. shriken cannon, warlock, embolden.

5 swooping hawks, exharch, skyleap.

Falcon, starcannon, shuriken cannon, vectored engines, holo-fields, spirit stones.

Fire prism, shuriken cannon, vectored engines, holo-fields, spirit stones.

Fire prism, shuriken cannon, vectored engines, holo-fields, spirit stones.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
might as well change the falcon to a third prism. I have my doubts as to how sucessfull this type of list would be but it certainly has the makings of an annoying WAAC list. i see jetbikes as a good choice in any eldar list under the new rules

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd drop the wargear that allows the Farseer to roll 3d6 for psychic tests. You actually have a higher probability to get a Perils of the Warp with that setup. It comes up every game I play when using Eldrad.

Besides point denial, I don't see any real offensive power. Just target the tanks and be done with it. You are also going to pray to go 2nd just to grab objectives last turn which is where this army will excel.

I'd also wait to see if GW does an FAQ about the Skyleap ability. I know it has been argued to death, but I can't imagine GW intending for a unit to be able to deep strike and take off again in the same turn, thus making it impossible to ever shoot at them. But, playing this way, I'd really look into getting an Autarch for the bonus to reserve rolls.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
the grav tanks aside i just dont think you will acieve much more than pot shots. Something like a large unit of death gurad or just a lot of enemy infintary sat on an objective will be a real problem. Assuming your units survive i can only imagine every game ends as a draw when you contest every objective.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I dunno about this list. It lacks substance. I would at take larger squads of the same basic units. Like 6 man Bike Teams, 1 Large Swooping Hawks Team, and definately add some Shining Spears for punch. 3rd Prism would also be nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts