Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone, ive got a game this weekend against an Eldar army that I know will include a few of their super heavy walker things (sorry my knowledge of the xeno is not enough to know what they are called!!). I think my Marines army will be able to give it a run for its money but one this I was talking with another mate was that these massive beasts can claim a 4+ cover save if the smallest millimetre of their base is on/in a bit of cover... is this true??
If its not, can you help me prove it as they are convinced that this is the case.
Many thanks all :good:

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
From my understanding depending exactly what you were facing this is not true, there are a few variations of eldar walker/titan one the wraithknight (smaller titan/counts as monsterous creature) and then the larger phantom titan (vehicle rules). There are two different sets of rules which need to be followed.

The wraithknight counts as infantry so:

The part of the rules for infantry when in bases for ruins or others such as craters and forests with bases. This is not throught the direct line of sight rules due specifically due to the base of the terrain.

While the phantom titan uses:

The rules dictated for vehicles and superheavy vehicles (in this xase super heavy walkers), it will follow the rules for obstruction with the save dictated by the amount obscured in the case above a toe wouldn't count for anything just have to rely on its shields and straight up evasion rules.

Hope that helps, just depends on the unit in question vehicle or infantry?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Look up 'Ruins' in the main rulebook. That is the only time this applies. It specifically says that a model that is even partially inside of terrain designated as ruins receives a cover save. To my knowledge, that's the only time that something so big qualifies.

This came up a lot recently with the whiners on the Tau Facebook groups, trying to figure out how they could hide their Stormsurges behind the new gunwall.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
The Revenant and Phantom titans from FW are both super-heavy walkers and the wraithknight is a gargantual creature. Both types are covered by the latest rulebook.

As Battman says, I also believe that the FW Titans need to be obscured to get the cover save.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im 99.9% its the Wraithknight no you have reminded me of the names, so its only if its ruins then... iiiiiintersting. Many thanks for your swift and excellent replies as always.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts