Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read on another thread that the Dark Eldar use cloning facilities to create new Eldar since the Eldar reproductive cycle is so difficult.

Well this got me thinking, if every Eldar created this way creates a new soul to occupy it, I'm surprised that no Slaaneshi cult or even Fabius Bile has thought "hey why don't we keep creating clones of Eldar to then kill and feed she who thirsts. I'm sure its not beyond the realms of possibility for a Slaaneshi cult to obtain a captive Eldar and some cloning facilities and then hey presto?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Plot my friend. That is the answer to everything.

In all seriousness though, who knows, It must not be sufficiently comparable to genuine Eldar souls.

·
Registered
638 Posts
This would be like the Chaos version of a fast-food chain. You have a truly sick imagination... or is that grim-dark? :laugh:

Considering that cloning technology is viable in 40K, I suppose you could ask this question about any race who serve as appetizing snacks for Chaos.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
When the dark eldar make this pact with a haemonculus, they leave a part of their soul with him to facilitate the cloning. It allows for a complete regeneration of the individual after their death, provided the cloning is performed within a certain time limit.

It is unclear whether this offers some measure of protection to the remainder of the individual's soul, but given their trust in this method I am inclined to assume that it does.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This would be like the Chaos version of a fast-food chain. You have a truly sick imagination... or is that grim-dark? :laugh:

Considering that cloning technology is viable in 40K, I suppose you could ask this question about any race who serve as appetizing snacks for Chaos.

"Would you like your Eldar as a Happy Meal? Would you like it fried with that?"

Oh the fast food possibilities are endless :grin:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

"Would you like your Eldar as a Happy Meal? Would you like it fried with that?"

Oh the fast food possibilities are endless :grin:
Can just see the other gods having an intervention after slaanesh gains 400000000000000 kilos, (human equivalent of 400 kg). He'd be one of those weird people with a I love McEldars shirt and a super sized meal.

·
Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
Can just see the other gods having an intervention after slaanesh gains 400000000000000 kilos, (human equivalent of 400 kg). He'd be one of those weird people with a I love McEldars shirt and a super sized meal.
Didn't Wobbly Models crack a joke about that one?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Its actually a good point. It would make for an interesting story. Don't the Harlequins do something like that. Like their Troope leader gives themselves to Slaanesh. I thought I remember reading something like that in older fluff.

You recall the Solitare, who surrenders his soul to Slaanesh in order to play the role as Slaanesh.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yeah, when Slaanesh has gone supersized then she'd be a big tasty :grin:

I suppose the cloning and killing strategy would work for Nurgle too as the cultists could infect them all with Nurgles rot and turn them into Plaguebearers.

Personally I wouldn't like a Nurgle themed Happy Meal http://wh.joyreactor.cc/post/1145570

I'm not sure if it would be possible with Khorne or Tzeentch tho

·
Registered
638 Posts
Khorne didn't start of as the Blood God. It was a side effect after the high sodium levels drove his blood pressure out of the Warp!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Maybe they do, its a big galaxy. But assuming they don't and their is a reason for that. Eldar DNA is more complicated that human DNA so its could be extrapolated that growing eldar clones would be more difficult, perhaps the ability to grow eldar clones is beyond the artifice of human technology, even heretical tech-priests.

A better question IMHO is why don't the craftworld eldar clone people to fill out their ranks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe they do, its a big galaxy. But assuming they don't and their is a reason for that. Eldar DNA is more complicated that human DNA so its could be extrapolated that growing eldar clones would be more difficult, perhaps the ability to grow eldar clones is beyond the artifice of human technology, even heretical tech-priests.

A better question IMHO is why don't the craftworld eldar clone people to fill out their ranks.
Fair point, I'd love to see this topic in a story though, maybe about an Eldar strike force looking to destroy the cloning facility :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts