Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, i keep hearing about an ultra-competitive eldar army list that is based around a seer council. Can somebody post up an example of this 2k list and advise me how to utilise it and make it effective? What tactics are used etc etc.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
122 Posts
Craftworld Arcadia's Psi-Riders

HQ - Farseer [ Eldar Jetbike, Witch Blade, Spirit Stones, Mind War, Fortune, Runes of Warding, Shuriken
Pistol, Ghost Helm, Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapult, Rune Armor] = 170 points

HQ- Farseer [ Eldar Jetbike,Witch Blade, Spirit Stones, Mind War, Fortune, Shuriken Pistol, Ghost Helm,
Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapult, Rune Armor] = 155 points

HQ- Warlock Squad x10 [ Eldar Jetbike x10, Singing Spear x5, Destructor x8, Witch Blade x5, Embolden,
Enhance, Shuriken Pistol x10, Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapult x10, Rune Armor x10] = 550 points

HQ- Warlock Squad x10 [ Eldar Jetbike x10, Singing Spear x5, Destructor x8, Witch Blade x5, Embolden,
Enhance, Shuriken Pistol x10, Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapult x10, Rune Armor x10] = 550 points

Troop- Guardian Jetbike x4 [ Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapult x3, Shuriken Cannon] = 98 points

Troop- Guardian Jetbike x4 [ Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapult x3, Shuriken Cannon] = 98 points

Total = 1817

This list can be played at 1850, 1750, 1500 easily by just switching around some of the wargear and
reducing the number of guardian jetbikes on the table. This list is strong vs all lists but tends to struggle
slightly to say..a Deathwing army. A plethora of 2+ saves will protract combat, but FEAR NOT! You can
still win by forcing dozens of saves per turn. Another great thing about this army the main units have a
3+ Armor Save, a 4+ Invul Save, and at your option a 3+ Cover save (when boosting) all can be made rerollable
with Fortune.

Tactics: Casting fortune every turn on the 2 seer councils are pritoity #1, chances are if you forget to do
this the person you are playing will make sure you never forget agian.

Hand to Hand combat is where you belong but this army also does great in the shooting phase, with a
effective range of 24-30 inches per bike you can lay the hurt down on Hordes and even MEQ. Not to
mention the 16 Heavy Flamer templates you will lay down every turn or so. Psycannons, which are the
natural enemy of a Seer Council, are impotent against this list. Every model has a 3++ armor save that
the Psycannon cannot ignore.

No tank is safe vs dozens of STR 9 hits a turn, and no Squad Leader / Independent Character is safe from
the dual Mind Wars. With 4 Squads of Guardian Jetbikes you can work on playing defensively to
capture/contest objectives. However most of the time the enemy will be focused on the two large flying
seer councils to worry about 4 squads with a Shuri-Cannon JsJing.

I have seen just ONE 11 man Bike Council take out 90+ orks in ONE round. I've seen 3 Land Raiders go
POOF turn 2, I've also seen the Night Bringer dropped HARD. Nothing is really safe and it has a answer
for anything. Use with caution however one wrong move will cost you the game.

Not my list, its from Ragewind's Guide

·
Registered
55 Posts
That pretty much sums it up Ragewind's guide is amazingly well put together, don’t feel like you need to invest that many points in it though you can easily run a minimum council with 1 farseer and 5 warlocks which acts more as your fail safe and buying time unit. A lot of their impact is psychological since people are downright scared of them and for good reason. That fear causes them to make mistakes or divert their attention form other areas. But it arguably is the best unit the Eldar codex has to offer

·
Registered
102 Posts
I run Eldrad with a crew of 10 grounded locks in a Serpent. It has been nothing short of amazing for me up to this point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts