Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We play a lot of 2k, single force org where I am. I'm trying to get a reasonable All Comers list and this is what I've managed so far.

Primary Detachment: Eldar
HQ:
Autarch w/ Jet Bike, Mantle, Fusion Gun, Lance

Troops:
5x Dire Avengers w/ Exarch
-Wave Serpent w/ TL-Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields
10x Guardians w/ Scatter Laser
-Wave Serpent w/ TL-Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields
10x Guardians w/ Scatter Laser

Fast Attack:
10x Warp Spiders w/ Exarch, Spinneret Rifle, Fast Shot
10x Warp Spiders w/ Exarch, Spinneret Rifle, Fast Shot

Heavy Support:
Fire Prism w/ Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields
Falcon w/ Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields

Allied Detachment: Salamanders

HQ:
Vulkan He'stan
Command Squad w/ Apothecary, 4x Melta Guns
-Drop Pod

Troops:
5x Tac Squad w/ Melta Gun, Combi-Melta
-Drop Pod
--------------
1995 pts

I also have an Avatar, would it be worth swapping out the Autarch? And what would you drop if you wanted to add an Ageis with a quad gun?

I'm also considering adding some Sternguard to the Sallies detachment. What would you drop for them?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I like this list :)

I don't think the Avatar is needed in this list - he works best in a foot list as you get to use his fearless bubble. In this list he'd be a bit on his own.
I'm not keen on the Autarch - if your opponent has anything that ignores cover (which is being given out like cheap sweets by GW) he's easier than you'd think to take down.
I also think your Sallies are a better melta platform - they're faster too :)

In this list, I'd drop the autarch and maybe replace it with one of the following

A farseer in the falcon on prescience duty (this is my favourite - you could stick the DA in there too and put your other guardians in the spare serpent)
A lot of people say that falcons are bad and they take up valuable serpent points, personally - I'm a big believer in if it's cool, take it.

Or you could take a spiritseer leading a squad and swapping the falcon for a serpent as a different way to get your last squad mounted.
Or you could take a spiritseer, drop the falcon and buy an aegis or some sternguard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts