500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Farseer with spirit stones guide,doom 10xwarlock retinue: 360

Farseer with spirit stones guide,doom 10x warlock retinue: 360

Dire avengers x10 with bladestorm exarch with dual shurken catapults:154

Dire avengers x10 with bladestorm exarch with dual shuriken catapults:154

Dark Reaper x3:105

vyper shuriken cannon x1: 120

This is for a friendly tournment we are allowed to be 5 points over the 1250 limit tell me what i can do with the list

·
Registered
86 Posts
id add some powers to those warlocks, embolden enhance destructor will all help a squad like this ALOT enhance makes them better in cc where they belong, embolden= reroll failed psychic tests, destructor heavy flamer before assault, you only need one of the first two powers but people usually take at least 2 destructors

you want fortune on the farseer or better yet you want eldrad, for foot psykers in a warlock unit hes the best, you get two chances to fortune your very expensive squad and you get access to all powers and both runes aaaaaaaand +1 to invul, which is great, my eldrad once took 7 nobs in cc power weapons and all and and won just with fortune on him and no squad mates

woth all those points going into a squad you really want a way to get them to cc, soooo you are going to need a ws, and the best way to do that that i can see is to sadly drop one of the councils or just make them both alot smaller, becuase those powers for the warlocks and fortune on the farseers is what really makes this unit shine, my advice would be to drop one of the councils because while 2 councils at this point level is awesome the way you have them would cause them not to be too useful because they have no way to get anywhere so the enemy would just out maneuver them, and thats our job! you could probably also drop the vyper too becuase one viper with sc isnt going to be doing anything really compared to your council of ultimate destruction

you might also want to change one of the da squads to pathfinders and give the other one a serpent because eldar without mobility will be dead eldar and thats never fun

the gist of what i said is get some transports for your stuff and pimp out one council with eldrad and some crazy powers and do so by getting rid of one squad and maybe taking less warlocks in your remaining squad if it gets you transports. i dont think ive ever seen councils played at this low a point cost so you could really get the jump on some people with it, however after play testing you just arent feeling it you could always try switching the warlocks for a banshee squad. good luck and kick some ass

·
Registered
20 Posts
i think you really need embolden and enchance on the warlocks, and really need fortune on the seer, will make those warlocks a pain for anything to kill, sept deamon hunters. but who plays them? transports would also be great eldar dont do well footing it throw fire lines

·
Registered
5 Posts
totaly agree with both the others, fortune really helps seer councils also doom is not normally necersary for seer councils since they always wound on 2+ and it seems a bit of a waste to pay for a warlock with out any powers in there. enhance and embolden are important. destructers are obviously and even conceal can be useful if like kamisori says demonhunters go through your inv save even rerol is wasted. only 5+ but rerolled can be helpful.

other thing i see is the only anti tank you have is the seer concils which admititly are very good at it. but on foot any tank can out run you easy. and just need a fast one and your not gona be able to kill it. apart from council your best str is 6 which can hurt some things but not everything and not normall that effectivly. bikes are very exspensive so i wud advise getting a serpent for your councils.

i havent got my codex with me at the moment but that vyper looks very expensive for just a cannon. i may be wrong but double check that :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
The list is fine as is, all i recommend doing is dropping the vyper and guide powers. The points saved will allow you to get fortune on both the farseers and x1 enhance, embolden, x3 destructors in each of the seers units. That will be x3 heavy flamers hitting before the charge and the extra ws and initive in assault, not to metion the re-rollable failed powers test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts