Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people, I'm new here. I have a few questions and things to discuss.

Firstly, I have an Eldar Battleforce that is asking to be painted. I don't yet have a colour scheme, I seem to remember a picture of an eldar which you could fill in to play around with colours. A link to that would be much appreciated. I've searched for about half an hour with no luck :(.

Secondly any links to interesting Eldar conversions would be great.

Finally, anyone here ever tried oil paints on Warhammer. They seemed to work really nicely for me. Even makes such as Winsor and Newton oil paints are cheaper in cost than GW paints. If your feeling adventurous: http://www.artdiscount.co.uk/product/artisan_water_mixable_oil_colour_box_set/
For more detailed models its fun to have a longer drying to to play around more. Artisan are pretty easy to clear up after too. The advantages and disadvantages are clear:
+ Slower drying times, more subtle colours, more time to perfect your preferred colour.
- Slower drying times, takes longer?

Sorry for the block of text and thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Your best bet is to try google searching the model you want to convert, then view the images, most models have been converted and soem quick google searches often yield some nice ideas - that or try the gallery on this site and a few other forums sites, galleries are filled with peoples work of which they are most proud

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Your best bet is to try google searching the model you want to convert, then view the images, most models have been converted and soem quick google searches often yield some nice ideas - that or try the gallery on this site and a few other forums sites, galleries are filled with peoples work of which they are most proud
Thanks, I think I got my scheme ready now. I'll post the 2d picture now and a model once its done. Its taking a while as the pattern is somewhat intricate. I've swapped some of the colours but kept the pattern. It is now Dark angels green, blazing orange, kommando khaki, choas black and a skull white undercoat.

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Anyway it is lunch time now and thanks again.

·
Registered
160 Posts
that looks really cool!! If you can pull this off that would be cool as pineapples :D

My colour scheme is space wolf Grey with white helmet, bone/coffee colour weapons with black robes.. I'll post some pictures if you like

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Welcome to Heresy online. :)

Im not sure about the scheme as you have said this is very intricate and may take an inordinate amount of time to complete a squad let alone a whole army. However I am always happy to see these schemes put onto a real figure so look forward to seeing it.

As for conversions, what sort fo thing are you looking to do?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here are a few pics of the model I did. The pattern ended up bigger though than planned :p. I really like the shoes and knee caps, the rest ended up looking far too rushed :mad:. And apologies for the awful pictures. Most of the lines are quite tidy, just the blurry-ness of the picture makes it look pretty bad :(.
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

The black ink ended up just muddying the pattern, looked good on the cream paint ermm 'Kommando khaki'.

Welcome to Heresy online. :)?

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
This scheme looks interesting from what I can see on the picture. I think it will give a more harlequin feel to the whole army (not a bad thing).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Mmm I really like the Harlequins :p. I'm looking forward to painting the walker thing with this scheme, will be interesting. Although I'm still not sure about the scheme :(. I think I will continue to experiment with other schemes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts