Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we have multiple Exarchs from the same aspect in the same army?

I wonder this because the Exarch is the priest of the temple of that aspect for each craftworld. This means only 1 exarch per aspect per craftworld.

So maybe if you have a force comprised of several craftworlds' forces, it's possible.

Or am I thinking this too hard or a crackhead?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Warboss Dakka said:
From a fluff perspective, I'd say you couldn't, from a rules perspective, I've seen nothing that limits you in that way,
You've got it exactly, Dakka. Fluffwise, you could have multiple Exarchs in a single aspect on a given Craftworld, but I'd deem that rare. Rules wise? Go to town. Every single squad that has the option to can take an exarch, even if you've got six squads of Dire Avengers as troops, three squads of Scorpions as your Elites, three squads of Warp Spiders as fast attack, and three squads of Reapers as your Support. Every single one of those squads can have their own exarch, no questions asked.

I agree with you, though, it is a bit wonky. The Codex says they're high priests, and as far as I know a shrine could have multiple High Priests.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Although they are referred to as "high priests" remember that a craftworld is a HUGE ship that is roughly the equivilent to a world. Therefore it is quite feasable that there be more that one exarch per aspect in a single craftworld.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I imagine so. I always understood that Exarchs were rare, bonded with the greatest of their aspect in holy armor. Eldar being small in number and all, I guess I assumed that the high priest was THE HIGH Priest, instead of just a high priest.

Of course, I have a tendency to read too much in to things so...there it is.
Cool.
Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts