Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to eldar and would like some advice on what to add to this list. when responding please keep in mind that i usualy field squads of eight. the list is only what i have available.

26 guardians-two heavy weapons teams

10 wraithguard

6 warlocks with varying equiptment

2 farseers with witchblades

15 dire avengers

10 swooping hawks (usualy used to eliminate tanks and imperial guard)

1 fire prism

10 rangers (usualy as pathfinders)

1 warwalker (usualy not fielded)

1 waveserpent

·
Registered
57 Posts
banshees and as an hq i would suggest price yieral all those power weapon I10 is very hard to stop even harder if ur in that nice wave serpent of yours

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hmm...currently you have a solid base for both Mechdar and Footdar lists. It'd be easier to give you advice if you told us which way you want to go. In my experience, they don't really work well mixed together. Just this evening I tried playing with a similar list, a Serpent, 2 Fire Prisms and some footy Guardians squads with outflanking Scorpions and a Wraithlord...it didn't work too well.

If you wish to go hybrid, I'd say there are only couple of options available that work well, and that's only if you use Mechdar as a base, not vice versa.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking of adding a squad of five fire dragons and another fire prism. the banshee idea is a good one but i'm a little worried by their fragility...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i don't think jain-zar will ever be included in my list. if i want close combat it's going to be karandas or asurmen.

the wave serpent idea is a good one i think as it extends the range of their my-melta-is-bigger-than-yours guns. and it's relitivaly cost effective (for the eldar at least)

i also like the idea of running dire avengers and banshees together, i'm just unsure how productive the boys in blue will be against spacemarines and other tough opponents that the banshees were designed to deal with. perhaps counter-charge unit?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I would suggest running a squad of 10 DA with exarch and bladestorm, mount them in a WS and you will be laughing. Just a few weeeks ago my DA used bladestorm and wiped out a SM command squad and left the commander with 1wound, classic stuff. I would also advise against using the phoenix lords, thy are way expensive for the points you will pay and dont have invunerable saves, PF are the bain of these guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts