Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this isn't me offering tactics, but more asking for peoples thoughts.

I'm busy working on a Saim Hann 'cavalry' list for my Eldar army. I'm trying to throw in a bit of variety, avoid the 'OMGWRAITHKNIGHTSCATTERSPAM!' that Eldar has devolved into. I especially am looking to enjoy a melee heavy list, which means things like Shining Spears, Zephyrglaive-equipped Skyweavers, and lance-wielding Autarch Skyrunners.

I'm wondering about something though; Cover Saves vs better WS. Specifically, Using points on Warlocks (which would ride around with ObjSec Jetbikes, and probably offer spear throws and Cover Saves), versus using the points on MORE Shining Spears, and taking advantage of the Aspect Host and the +1 WS.

The way I see it, the Shining Spears already have great options with the 4++ cover save, better than any Windriders can have. The Windriders become a little bit more flimsy (though could always msm through cover or behind things), in order to get better attacks out of the main hammer units, the Spears.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Spears for me. I'll admit I'm biased towards aspect warriors anyway, but the choice as I see it guaranteed cover save vs conceal cast by a ld8 1 wound psyker.
Spears for assault, jetbikes with heavy weapons for defense.
The only time I'll be taking warlocks is if I'm going for psyker spam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts