Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone on here can help it is a bit of a strange rule question so bare with me on this one :)

Now I have held off buying the Eldar Jetbikes for the last few years hoping that a new model would come out for them, but no luck, so have decided that I am going to make my own

Now I am not sure if there is a rule for this or not as I am unable to find anything at least, but is there a size limitation on conversions for use in games?
Now I know that it can't be stupidly big, but the model I am looking at putting together would probably be larger than the current standard, so what are peoples thoughts on this?

Thanks for any help people can give me on this, I just don't want to start on a conversion that I end up happy with to find that it isn't game legal :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
well any non GW- model could be complained about and many conversions are for those models that currently aren't available. what i would do is ask the gamers at your local club or where you play. Ask if they would play if your turned up with XYZ size model. as long as its fairly close in size and on correct base i don't think most would care as would be little to no advantages but its the people you play with and the places you go to play in comps etc that are the ones you need to go and ask.

At my club is a guy who has converted a land raiders with wagon stuck on them to be his looted wagons and they are huge but look very cool. Also another guy is converting all manner of dark eldar and marine bikes and just about everything else as well to be looted Ork stuff such as wagons and bikes etc. we don't mind so much at my club but i feel others may be a little more strict on their rules. I love seeing cool looking models and creations and plan to convert a daemon prince into a blood thirster using some old 80's blood thirster bits some left over tentacles from my flamers and bits from my screamers to give him some dreadlocks and spikes to make him look a little like predator. It will be truly monstrous and on the correct size base so i know the people i play with won't mind as long as i state what it is before i start a game.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The people who I normally play with won't have an issue I know that, they are a good bunch, and if it came to it we would pick a point on the model like the centre and say movement/ shooting range is from here to here, and base contact is from this point

It is more tournaments that I am thinking about, I have never been to one before so do not know the rules etc, I might head down to Warhammer World over the next week and check what they think as it is the comps that they run I want to go too :) just fancy something different, and goals to set myself etc

Here is the model I am working on as an example, see if you think it is too large

Attachments

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I think the vyper hull is to big to be used as a jetbike. On the other side you're hurting yourself as you gonna get it harder to gain cover.

More cost effective and more true to size would be to fuse a box of Reavers with a box of Windriders.

Good luck and do not forget to show the result here on the boards at the end! :wink:

·
Autarch of Heresy
886 Posts
I think the vyper hull is to big to be used as a jetbike. On the other side you're hurting yourself as you gonna get it harder to gain cover.

More cost effective and more true to size would be to fuse a box of Reavers with a box of Windriders.

Good luck and do not forget to show the result here on the boards at the end! :wink:
Nothing prevents him from upscaling, the rules even allow this. It only matters if you go smaller. You can also use the big flight bases or the smaller ones, the older jetbikes had a smaller base and i find those easier to pack/maneuver with, YMMV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts