1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would be better HQ Warlord?
To be used in a Wraith based army.
I have 141pts to spend. :)
What options would you put on your HQ suggestion?

Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Which would be better HQ Warlord?
To be used in a Wraith based army.
I have 141pts to spend.
What options would you put on your HQ suggestion?

Should say I am currently using Illic.
Thinking Of replacing with the following:
Autarch:
WarLord
Death Spinner
Fusion Gun
Banshee Mask
WarpJump Gen
FireSabre

Thanks
{Had to post again as edit s submit btn was covered by an AD!}

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well, that depends on what exactly you want your HQ unit to do.

Is it a support character or do you aim to throw him into the thick of it?
You say that it is a wraith based army, so it that an army full of wraith constructs or backed up by a few?
Do you intend on wraiths making them troops or have you already done that by adding a spiritseer and are looking to fill the other HQ choice?

The loadout you have is really tooled up. Where does he fit in the army, is he by himself or with a unit? I'd recommend saying clear of the warp jump pack for the Autarch as otherwise he can very easily be lost in the warp due to a double roll when using the warp jump.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
How many Spiritseers are in the list? If 3 or more, take a Farseer. If 2 or fewer I'd take another Spiritseer.

They are needed to make Wraithguard/blades into troops. Any Protect power gained is just almost as good as Fortune from a Farseer, the Iyanden primaris power is a pretty solid buff for Wraith units (and since its an AoE one caster can buff many squads), more Spiritseers means more spirit marks which is like a mini guide that cant fail to activate.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Spiritseers technically don't council, but Iyanden allows you to choose up to five as one choice.

Personally, if you're going Iyanden, I'd make the Wraithknight the warlord, because those rulse allow it, and they're pretty well suited to most of the benefits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts