Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests I don't know how I am to go about using the remnants in the new elder codex as there doesn't appear to be anything telling me who I can attach one to.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
As the title suggests I don't know how I am to go about using the remnants in the new elder codex as there doesn't appear to be anything telling me who I can attach one to.
It is included in bold if they can take Remnants of Glory in the points costed section at the back mate.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
A character entry in the army list section (the area with points costs) will say that it may take items from the Remnants of Glory(page #). On the page with the list of Remnants, it says you may replace one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory. Some have notes indicating Spiritseer/Farseer only or "does not replace weapon". Other than that, they are just wargear that operate as written in the dex.

The only thing that i'm not sure about is if you can replace more than one weapon. It says to replace one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory, but can you replace ANOTHER one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory. For instance an Autarch exchanging his pistol with Remnant A and his close combat weapon with Remnant B.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I can take the shard of anaris for example on fuegan replacing his fire axe and he then attacks at strength 6 with instant death if making a challenge?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
So I can take the shard of anaris for example on fuegan replacing his fire axe and he then attacks at strength 6 with instant death if making a challenge?
Only units WITH THE ENTRY that says you can take Remnants of Glory are allowed to do so. Just look at the entry. All of the named characters do not have access to the list. It must say they can take items from the Remnants of Glory. Why would you think Fuegan can?

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Only units WITH THE ENTRY that says you can take Remnants of Glory are allowed to do so. Just look at the entry. All of the named characters do not have access to the list. It must say they can take items from the Remnants of Glory. Why would you think Fuegan can?
To add to that, all named characters already have their own Remnants of Glory.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
To add to that, all named characters already have their own Remnants of Glory.
^This. But those are NOT to be confused with the list that is available to other units. Named characters have personal Remnants of Glory that are only available to them and it specifically says what it is and how it works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've made sense of it all now. Thanks for the help only the autarch, farseer and spiritseer get to choose remnants from the list.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
^This. But those are NOT to be confused with the list that is available to other units. Named characters have personal Remnants of Glory that are only available to them and it specifically says what it is and how it works.

This reminds me of my DnD group who are always looking for the mythical "Staff of Badass Motherfucker" (it's the one that says "Badass Motherfucker" on it). Our DM says "If you want the Staff of Badass Motherfucker, you must kill the Badass Motherfucker that has it!

Desolatemm, It says you trade one for one so if you have two weapons you may trade both.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
The only thing that i'm not sure about is if you can replace more than one weapon. It says to replace one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory, but can you replace ANOTHER one weapon with one of the Remnants of Glory. For instance an Autarch exchanging his pistol with Remnant A and his close combat weapon with Remnant B.
You may replace "One" weapon, not "two" or "up to two", or "and/or" which is what you typically see in Codices. Having said that I've not got the Eldar 'Dex so I'm SoL and first hand knowledge, and I don't play a 6th edition army yet (only got a Skyray so far).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
And the Autarch can manage to get one and still be armed with two other weapons, as long as he buys his max of two extra weapons and trades his pistol for the Remnant of Glory.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If a Farseer or Autarch takes a "mantle of the laughing god" it says he looses the independ Charactor special rule but gains some others. Does this mean he can no longer join other squads and has to go around doing his own thing?

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
If a Farseer or Autarch takes a "mantle of the laughing god" it says he looses the independ Charactor special rule but gains some others. Does this mean he can no longer join other squads and has to go around doing his own thing?
Yep that's right.

·
Registered
447 Posts
That's what I was thinking. Will makes a good distraction unit.

Means i can convert up a harlequin solitaire (Autarch on jet bike).

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I'd love to run a Harlequin army with 54 models. ; 6 units in total, consisting of 13 guys each and two HQs who do their own thing. Obviously based on a deck of cards. The two HQs would be the Jokers and I might throw some specials in like the Ace of Spades and the Queen of Hearts.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
I'd like to see that, each unit a suite of cards would be awesome!

If there are 54 troop models tho' the HQ would have to be Jokers !

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
That was the idea. :p Do you think I could get away with having 13 troops as spades AND having a flyer called the Ace of Spades?

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
You army would look so cool I doubt any one would mind if you doubled up on the name of the flyer.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I'd love to run a Harlequin army with 54 models. ; 6 units in total, consisting of 13 guys each and two HQs who do their own thing. Obviously based on a deck of cards. The two HQs would be the Jokers and I might throw some specials in like the Ace of Spades and the Queen of Hearts.
This was actually my original idea for my Harlequins back in 2ed. I never quite finished that idea, but if you look at some of my older models you can find the suit symbols on them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts