Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay well heres something im considering using instead of my blood angels, Let me know what you think =]

Hq:2

Eldrad
210pts

7 Warlocks
Enhance
x2 destructor
DT: wave serpent
TL Brightlance
Shurikan cannon
355pts

Farseer
singing spear
Runes of witnessing
spirit stone
Jetbike
Doom
fortune
Mind war
193pts

Elite: 2

Howling Banshees:
x10
160pts

Fire dragons
x6
96pts

Troops: 4

Guardian Jetbikes x12
x4 shurikan cannons
304pts

Pathfinders x5
120pts

10 dire avengers
exarch
-2 shurikan catapults
-bladestorm
TL Brightlance
Shurikan cannon
297pts

10 dire avengers
exarch
-2 shurikan catapults
-bladestorm
TL Brightlance
Shurikan cannon
297pts

Fast Attack: 2

3 Shining spears
exarch
Star lance
142pts

3 Shining spears
exarch
Star lance
142pts

Heavy support: 1

Falcon
Brightlance
Holofields
180pts

Total army cost: 2496 pts

So basically, Eldrad and the warlocks fly in the wave serpent fortuning up his squad and the banshees getting them into combat safely.

The Farseer flies with the guardians with the shining spears on either side, distracting and looking pretty while enjoying their 3 plus re-rollable saves until they go in for the kill.

The rest is just obvious support for the army.

What do you think? i havent really tested eldar... but i like the list and the maneuverability it provides is amazing.

If not this then im sticking with my blood angels.

C&C's please =]

~~Gold~~

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Decent start, but here’s some ideas:

Drop the Jetbike on the Jetseer and have him ride with the Banshees. Give him Spirit Stones, Doom and Fortune, maybe RoWitnessing.

Give the Banshees a Wave Serpent with Cannons, TL BL, and Stones. Star Engines may be a good upgrade so you can get this unit in close where you want to at the beginning of the game. If your Cheapseer rides in this tank with the Banshees, he can Fortune the Serpent’s cover save if you go flat out.

Increase Eldrad’s retinue to 10 Warlocks, take 5 Destructors, one Enhance, and one Embolden. Take 2-3 Singing Spears on the Warlocks.

In the past I’ve been against taking a lot of Destructors, but recently I think it’s worth spamming these a bit. At our local ‘Ard Boyz an Ork player used 15 Burna Boyz in a Trukk. Keep in mind I don’t know much about Orks, but that unit was equipped with 15 flamers, and the player said he could inflict 96 wounds on a unit per turn.

I believe him; he won ‘Ard Boyz by tabling 2 opponents and almost doing the same to a third. This relates to my suggestion as you’ll have 5 HF templates with rerolls to wound. The extra Spears are there to bust a transport before the assault so Eldrad is not having to try alone.

Split your Guardian Jetbikes into two units of 6, add an Embolden Warlock with a Spear to each one, and keep at least one of these in Reserve, preferably both.

Increase the Pathfinder unit to at least 7, but to TBH you could also remove these altogether. One flamer (for most lists 5-10 points) and your 120 pt. unit is gone. When making changes I would consider these as and the Shining Spears as your weakest units in your army.

Drop the Shining Spears, they suck really.

Switch the BL on the Falcon to a SL. If the Dragons ride in this you may need more help on swatting non-vehicle units your opponents may send at you. Say your Dragons kill a rhino, the SL can then shoot at the MEQ unit and hopefully keep some of the Dragons alive.

You might have some points left from all this, but I don’t have my codex to recalculate you list.

Dropping your Spears is 284 points alone, plus other changes should give you a bit over 300 pts. to play with.

Good hunting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i changed it up according too your recommendations and this is what i came up with:

Hq:2

Eldrad
210pts

Farseer
spirit stones
eldar jetbike
singing spear
doom
fortune
173pts

Warlocks:
x7 warlocks
x3 destructors
enhance
DT: Wave serpent
TL Brightlance
Shurikan cannon
355 pts

Elite:2

Fire dragons
x6
96pts

Holwing Banshees
x8
DT Wave serpent
Shurikan cannon
TL Brightlance
Star Engines
total:288pts

Troops: 4

Guardian Jetbikes
x12
x4 shurikan cannons
Total:304pts

Dire Avengers:
x10
exarch
2 Shurikan Catapults
bladestorm
TL Brightlance
Shurikan cannon
297pts

Dire Avengers:
x10
exarch
2 Shurikan Catapults
bladestorm
TL Brightlance
Shurikan cannon
297pts

Dire Avengers:
x10
exarch
2 Shurikan Catapults
bladestorm
TL Brightlance
Shurikan cannon
297pts

Heavy support: 1

Falcon grav tank
Bright lance
Holo fields
180pts

total cost:2497pts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
better, IMO.

though you still have your Farseer on a Jetbike, and you could make him cheaper by simply giving him no Spear, Stones, Doom Guide.

the Jetbikes still need to be split up, IMO, and i would reduce them still. the whole point of these guys is to have a late game objective contester. the reduction could help you get Embolden Warlocks with Spears.

i would still reduce the BL on the Falcon to SL, or EML at best.

but the list looks a lot tighter. a friend of mine runs something very similar to this (no Jetbikes) and tends to win very often at our FLGS.

good hunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts