Eldar missile laucher
Vecored engne

Wraithlord-135
Eldar missile laucher
Scatter laser

Wraithlord-135
Eldar missile laucher
Scatter laser

This is the first time i'm facing demons. And exept for the deep striking i know nothing about them. I still have about 170pts left to spend and....and i don't know where to spend it, though i had a few ideas.

1: add a cheap squad of fire dragons(in the falcon) and a small squad of jetbikes
2: 2 units of 3 jetbikes(with cannon)and spend the rest on upgrades
3: Storm squad with 2 flamers(or fusion guns) and warlock(i have no heavy weapons for the defender squads so i don't generly use them)

Also had playing around using Reapers and shining spears but thats means i have drop something.

And any advice to defect chaos would also help, thanks :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
I don't think your autarch is setup too bad, however I prefer farseers as they benefit the army a lot better. Also consider that the autarch has a power weap and the daemons all have invulnerable saves so probably won't be bothered about it.

Mind war on the farseer the daemons I'm sure will get a save on (khorne ones) because it's a psychic attack. I might be wrong as I cannot remember the exact wording. Personally I prefer guide or fortune as these are a lot better.

Scoprions aren't too bad but daemons either will be better in c.c against them or tougher. Fire dragons for nuking daemons at range by putting high strength shots on them works well, remember they're immune to instant death, but the T6 daemons get taken down by mass melta quite easily.

Eldar aren't brilliant in combat so I'd drop the exarch and all goodies on the dire avengers and just use them for shooting where they shine. Serpent is fine but ditch vectored engines and get a shuri cannon underslug so you can still threaten infantry if the lance gets blown off. Which btw you should take more off and you've got only 15 troops models so objective games you may struggle in.

Fire prisms would be more advantage for when mass daemons deep strike bunched up together you can land the pain down on them.

When I played daemons I took mass wave serpents (8 I think) and they couldn't catch me because of my speed. Using brightlances I took wounds off at range and the shuri cannon really helps. The fire dragons end up being bait as they nuked a bloodthirster taking it out and fire prisms are great against mass numbers when they land. Use your speed to keep away from them, some daemons like bloodletters and bloodcrushers are slow and have power weapons so keep away from them and slaanesh daemons are a lot quicker!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
mercer's advice is solid, except if you're playing against Nurgle heavy Chaos Deamons.

with so many PM, and most creatures being T5 and with FNP, you'll have a bitch of a time inflicting wounds.

if your opponent is running a mixed standard list, go with the advice given.

if you know you're playing against Nurgle, i recommend Doomseers, Banshees, and Fire Dragons.

good hunting.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Bladestorm stops you from shooting next turn..
And how many times have you been in a place where you can't shoot anyway? Bladestrom give you great tactial advantage as if you expect them to be gone next turn or they will be able to assult soon then use it and;
"Having something and not needed it is better than needing somethign and not having it"

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Bladestorm stops you from shooting next turn..
I am very aware how Bladestorm works as I play Eldar a lot. You also do no have to use Bladestorm. But when you're face down a Bloodletter, Daemonette, Fiend or Even Crusher unit you may want the flexability to just wipe it out rather than almost wipe it out and have it murder your face next turn.

Chaos Daemons are my other army aside from Eldar as I would love to run into a Fire Dragon heavy force. You can't instant death me and I still get my save against you. Things like Scatter Lasers are actually much better as it means you can be at range from them, rather than purposefully getting into assault range and hoping they all die.

Aramoro

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Chaos Daemons are my other army aside from Eldar as I would love to run into a Fire Dragon heavy force. You can't instant death me and I still get my save against you.
Suddenly my Spearhead amry doesn't look as good anymore (spam Fusion guns and Bright lances). Tho i will be lauching all the way home with my foot eldar force with there total 8 scatter lasers! :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
You shouldn't be taking an army specifically to beat Daemons anyway, that would be easy. And you will need some melta or lances to take care of any Soul Grinders they drop.

Curiously Scorpions are not a terrible choice against Daemons if you have lots of cover. Only Daemonettes have grenades really so anything trying to assualt you in cover will got last, even out of cover you have higher initiative than things like Bloodletters, so as long as you whittle them down with shooting first Scorpions can cruise around cleaning up squads.

Aramoro

·
Registered
670 Posts
And how many times have you been in a place where you can't shoot anyway? Bladestrom give you great tactial advantage as if you expect them to be gone next turn or they will be able to assult soon then use it and;
"Having something and not needed it is better than needing somethign and not having it"
Plenty of times. Only thing you could do is get back in the wave serpent next turn and float around. What if that fire power is still needed?

I am very aware how Bladestorm works as I play Eldar a lot. You also do no have to use Bladestorm. But when you're face down a Bloodletter, Daemonette, Fiend or Even Crusher unit you may want the flexability to just wipe it out rather than almost wipe it out and have it murder your face next turn.

Chaos Daemons are my other army aside from Eldar as I would love to run into a Fire Dragon heavy force. You can't instant death me and I still get my save against you. Things like Scatter Lasers are actually much better as it means you can be at range from them, rather than purposefully getting into assault range and hoping they all die.

Aramoro
I'm pretty sure you know how bladestorm works, that wasn't my point though ;) My point is you may need fire power next turn and only making sure a unit dies from one turn of shooting.

Personally I'd rather fire all the time where possible.

As already mentioned daemons have invulnerable saves and the melta doesn't scare with I.D. What it does it score wounds easily on the big guys and with at least 5 melta shots putting that pain in that can be one or really wounded monstrous creature, throw in doom as well or guide and that makes some serious trouble.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Like I said you don't have to use the Bladestorm, if you don't take it you can never use it even if it would be useful in a given tactical situation. It's cheap so why not.

With Doom and Guide 5 Fire dragons should score 3 wounds on a BloodThrister or 2 on a KoS. That's not bad but they are dead in the water after that. I would always play Fire Dragons in my Eldar army because I don't know who i'm playing, but specifically against Daemons they are weak.

3 War Walkers with Scatter Lasers are the biggest pain in the ass for Daemons, they can wipe out a KoS in one turn, shred your Troop units, and seriously inconvenience Fiends and Crushers.

Aramoro

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mind war on the farseer the daemons I'm sure will get a save on (khorne ones) because it's a psychic attack. I might be wrong as I cannot remember the exact wording. Personally I prefer guide or fortune as these are a lot better.

Eldar aren't brilliant in combat so I'd drop the exarch and all goodies on the dire avengers and just use them for shooting where they shine. Serpent is fine but ditch vectored engines and get a shuri cannon underslug so you can still threaten infantry if the lance gets blown off. Which btw you should take more off and you've got only 15 troops models so objective games you may struggle in.

Fire prisms would be more advantage for when mass daemons deep strike bunched up together you can land the pain down on them.
You might be right about farseer. i know knone have some negivie abilities, but i'm certain that he has a mixed demon force.

The reasons that dire avengers exarch is upgraded(not just for bladestorm)
*Shimmersheild gives the squad invunrable saves in cc
*Defend minus 1 attack
*Farseer will join the squad

I lack a fire prism so thats out...

finally the add on
10 Storm squad-132
2x flamer
Warlock
Enhance

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
You could take the Diresword upgrade instead and randomly instant kill in a non instant death kind of a way Daemons.

Aramoro
Dire Sword are a waste most of the time(speakign from experiance here) as he will rarly be able to score that wound you need to instant kill him. Force wepaons ar emore uful but i suppose it is the only Instead kill weapon Eldar have really(that and a 6 to wound with a Wraithcannon but that's even harder to get the think to work and on what you want)

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
All daemons are immune to instant death if I understand what you're saying.
You don't. Direswords don't inflict instant death , they just kill you and remove all your remaining wounds.

But Jaws is right, Direswords are poor, needing 6's to wound almost anything worth wounding. Asurman has the only vaugly useful one. But then you're play Asurman and he's rubbish.

Aramoro

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
well he is the only Phexniex lrod with a invunralbe save. But most lord arn't worth it. Only Mangua Ra and maybe Furgen

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Jain Zar is cheapish and very killy, I also like Karandras. I really never got behind Muegan Ra as his gun is a bit piddily. Asurman is good, but not worth the points, he costs a fortune because invulnerable saves were costed highly in 4th.

Aramoro

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i think we are gettign a bit of topic now so let leave it there :grin:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts