Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've busted out my second and third edition Eldar forces and pushed myself back into regular weekly 40k games. First, I've been playing for 10 years and love it just as much as I did so long ago.
I set up a few different Eldar army lists of varying tactics, and my friend used his old massive space marine force with the new codex to fight me. We would tell each other a few things about our lists so we had a slight advantage over each other, like reconnaissance or something

In brief, varying from 2500 to 1500pts, one list was banshee heavy led by an avatar and a farseer, one was fire dragon heavy led by a farseer and avatar, another was avenger and reaper heavy led by maugen ra and fuegan, and the last was mainly scorpions led by karandras and an autarch. In each battle I murdered my marine friend, brutally, with only the reaper-heavy army taking large losses, due to the city terrain. In the banshee heavy battle, I lost 6 avengers total. In the fire dragon army, I lost 3 fire dragons and my avatar. The striking scorpion army took a squad of losses by had some brutal shooting and combat rounds. Karandras was in assault on the first turn, with infiltrating behind cover and fleeting. He wiped out the enemy commander, a full scout squad, and 8 of 10 of a marine squad before dropping. By himself. Two full Bladestorming squad of dire avengers, and a pathfinder squad, laid waste to most of the force. The pathfinders, consisting of 7 men, kept a 10-man scout sniper rifle squad pinned for 4 of 6 turns. Another game, a 6-man pathfinder squad that infiltrated, pinned a full marine tactical squad for 5 of 6 turns and eventually destroyed them, taking no losses.
So it turns out, the eldar are much better than marines, in almost every angle. Out assaulting, out shooting...OUTSTANDING!

My next post will be a full report. Maybe even pictures of our gloriously stripped and newly primed hosts, sans their paint jobs.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
dude karadas can dish out some hurt. good report

·
Registered
280 Posts
I too love the Eldar units and as long as you use them in a synergetic manner they do seam to rule the 40K world.... Be careful though, it is easy to become over confident and shortly there after you will get humbled.

CaHG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts