XV104 Riptide
-Ion accelerator
-Early warning override
-Stimulant injector

:victory: What do you guys think? some feedback would be appreciated

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
I would replace the baron and the Wyches with duke sliscus and 9 kabalite warriors. Keep them in the raider and give the raider splinterracks. With the duke the splinter rifles will have 3+ poison and because of the racks they will be twinlinked. You may have to cut some tau or eldar but this unit will leather most MEQ's.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sorry I forgot to post my tactics didn't I, well it works like this:

The two Farseers and warlocks make a seer council that the baron joins that gives me an awesome death star with rerolling leadership tests (psychic tests) for the first round (if I go first) due to the raider. And the whole unit is fearless due to shard of anaris.

Jetbikes for troops in reserve

Also the +1 to going first from the baron is very useful for an army that obviously wants to go first.

The whyches are an excellent unit for destroying vehicles, tying up strong units or destroying weak, this unit has been nerfed some what by lack of upgrades due to point restrictions but nether the less an excellent unit if the enemy doesn't focus on them (there are a lot of high profile targets here) and also not a large point sink if they do die. (Also troop, could be kept in reserve)

Tau firebase support cadre is just made of awesome, tank hunter and hatred space marines (with them getting hatred back) for free is awesome and these units are going to be laying down the fire. If I'm going against flyers or an all comers deal, i'll swap out the feel no pain for skyfire on the riptide.

So whilst the duke combo is pretty tasty he doesn't fit with my list

·
Registered
720 Posts
This is a nice list but to be you lack a good decent amount of anti heavy tank ( armour 14). Perhaps swapping one of the farseers for a mantarch. Although you lose a farseer you get a fusion gun and 2+ rerollable cover save. Give him the lance and he can start hunting backfield units like scouts or pathfinders or devastors.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My death star already has a 2+ rerollable cover save most of the time and I need the second Farseer for fortune chances, besides I have a Riptide and 9 singing spears I think it's pretty good for heavy armour, especially since I have tank hunter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Very good list, although I think having waveserpents with scoring troops provide a good amount of firepower and scoring compared to your Tau cadre.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a good point and a major weakness of this list, I only have two troops and small numbers in those units, they are in reserve that'll help but I'll have to play-test it to see if it poses too big of an issue or not.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I go to a lot of competitive tournaments so my advice will be based around that experience.
Seerstar is of course is a great strategy, it may not be in the near future depending on the Imperial Knight meta in your area, but your Tau is not really adding anything to your list that Eldar Waveserpents with scoring units will actually provide.

I also suggest changing he transport of DE from a raider to a venom. They are generally better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts