Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have gotten back into the wonderfull world of G.W. for two years now playing WFB with high elves and am now branching off into 40k. So in keeping with the fragile but deadly glass sword type army that i'm used to, i'm going to go with space elves.
I thought a combat patrol setup would be good as its small and games won't take too long. I'll be playing with others who have had a long break from it all and they have mainly chosen spacesmurfs.

so after much rambling I was thinking of this:

Harlequins x6 + Hkiss + shadow seer. 162
Rangers x 5 95
Warwalkers x2 all with EML 140

Is this enough fodder? Is this friendly? Have I made a major faux pas?
The only thing that must stay are the harlies as i've bought the old 90's figures off ebay.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I can't say much for the Quins as i have never used them and prefure not to use them for fluff as i play Iyanden and Quins mainly fight Chaos. Rangers look good for tthis army however i must say that Scatter lasers are fantastic....but them again you have no anti-tank but most armys can't get a tank in for that few points(Only guard really) fo i suggest takign Scatter lasers instead of EML's and take as many Kiss's as you can as the Rendign will destroy Space Smurfs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your replies and have been thinking

The reason behind my EML thinking was hoping to pin my opponents to stop them from running away from my harlequins.

But if I did swap to scatterlaser I would have enough points to get a:
1. extra harleduin.
2. extra ranger.
3. or a pair of sprit stone for the walkers?

Tho wouldn't 24 s6 shots be a bit cheeky in a freindly.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I think you mean 16 str6 shots, not 24 as the SL are only heavy 4 not heavy 6, but still this would be great in a friendly and it would also be devastating lol. Imagine your opponants face when he gets hit by 16 shots at str6, :shok::mad: He proberly wouldnt play you again lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts