6 Fire Dragons
5 Howling Banshees, Exarch with Executioner
Exarch has Furious Charge
1 Banshee has preferred Enemy
1 Dragon has feel no pain

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know the combination, I don't like it... Fire Dragons are like can openers... WITH FIRE!

I Predict great successess if you an close distance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im new to the Eldar so please bear with me.

I have a question regarding the Dire Avengers and blade storm. From my understanding bladestorm is cast on a unit which then gets to fire 3 shots that turn but bypasses the shooting phase in the next turn. In Kill team each model is counted as an individual unit, so when casting the bladestorm does it only affect one model or all the 6 Dire Avengers?

As I say Im new to eldar so please be gentle if I have the wrong end of the stick.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Im new to the Eldar so please bear with me.

I have a question regarding the Dire Avengers and blade storm. From my understanding bladestorm is cast on a unit which then gets to fire 3 shots that turn but bypasses the shooting phase in the next turn. In Kill team each model is counted as an individual unit, so when casting the bladestorm does it only affect one model or all the 6 Dire Avengers?

As I say Im new to eldar so please be gentle if I have the wrong end of the stick.
That's actually a really good question (it got me to read back over the codex anyway). The exact wording is "The Exarch and his squad can....", and since the squad is chosen together, then I would assume that the bonus applies to all models that were chosen as a part of the squad. To be frank, if someone tried to stop you from bladestorming with everything, they'd have to be a total dick.

One question I'd raise as a result of this is; does each model in the squad have to bladestorm at the same time in kill-team?

·
Registered
187 Posts
6 Fire Dragons
5 Howling Banshees, Exarch with Executioner
Exarch has Furious Charge
1 Banshee has preferred Enemy
1 Dragon has feel no pain
the 1 problem i can see with this list is that your only allowed 1 squad of elites and Banshees and fire dragons are both elites

·
Registered
187 Posts
One question I'd raise as a result of this is; does each model in the squad have to bladestorm at the same time in kill-team?
i'd say yes to that as if they acted all as 1 unit (like in normal games) they'd have to all fire 3 shots and spend the next turn reloding. so if you're saying that blade storm affects the whole unit (that was chosen before deployment) than after deployment it should affect all modles in the unit at the same, even if you don't want it to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i'd say yes to that as if they acted all as 1 unit (like in normal games) they'd have to all fire 3 shots and spend the next turn reloding. so if you're saying that blade storm affects the whole unit (that was chosen before deployment) than after deployment it should affect all modles in the unit at the same, even if you don't want it to.
I would definitely agree with this point.

This does raise one further question from me, is bladestorm that efficient to use in a Kill team game. From my limited understanding I would tend to sway on the no side of the argument.

harlequins are the ultimate kill team,especially with shadowseer with veil of tears
Wouldn't the lack of models be a hindrance with a pure Harlie Kill Team? I don't have my codex here to check figures but I cant imagine you could field that many models by the time you've bought the seer and Veil. A genuine question as I like the idea but shy away from it due to the low unit count forcing to role leadership early in the game.

·
Registered
187 Posts
From my limited understanding I would tend to sway on the no side of the argument.
IMO bladestorm would be quite effective as each person fires 3 shots which can be split to fire at diffrent targets (thanks to the kill team special rules) wouldent be very effective if most of your models are out of range

1 - 9 of 9 Posts