1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ
Farseer on Jetbike with Spirit Stone of Anath'lan

TROOPS
3 x Units of Dire Avengers x 5 in Wave Serpent with TL Scatter laser, and Shuriken cannon

FAST ATTACK
Unit of Warp Spiders x 6
Unit of Shining Spears x 6 upgrade 1 to Exarch with Star lance, Monster Hunter, and Hit & Run

HEAVY SUPPORT
2 x Fire Prisms with Shuriken cannons
Unit of 3 x War Walkers with Scatter laser, and Bright lance

1499 TOTAL POINTS

Farseer goes with Shining Spears this should give me one powerful fast moving assault unit to counter punch with.
Which Psychic Power Tables and Warlord Tables do you think I should be rolling on? I am leaning toward the Runes of Fate and Strategic Traits, but would like to hear your opinions.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
HQ
Farseer on Jetbike with Spirit Stone of Anath'lan

TROOPS
3 x Units of Dire Avengers x 5 in Wave Serpent with TL Scatter laser, and Shuriken cannon

FAST ATTACK
Unit of Warp Spiders x 6
Unit of Shining Spears x 6 upgrade 1 to Exarch with Star lance, Monster Hunter, and Hit & Run

HEAVY SUPPORT
2 x Fire Prisms with Shuriken cannons
Unit of 3 x War Walkers with Scatter laser, and Bright lance

1499 TOTAL POINTS

Farseer goes with Shining Spears this should give me one powerful fast moving assault unit to counter punch with.
Which Psychic Power Tables and Warlord Tables do you think I should be rolling on? I am leaning toward the Runes of Fate and Strategic Traits, but would like to hear your opinions.
There's nothing unique or unusual about this list. Standard copy and paste Eldar army with a 'wild card' unit tacked on.

Drop the Shining Spears. Awful unit. Points would be better off on Fire Dragons in a Wave Serpent with EMLs.

Warp Spiders don't fit the army styling you're after - dropping those (along with the spears) would allow for more Dragons and a small unit of jetbikes to hide/camp on the home objective.

If you're not running an original/fluff list, why deviate from what is already understood as game winners? Eldar armies running an expensive, yet not cost efficient unit will find themselves gimped even more.

I personally dislike running mismatching weapons on War Walkers. I feel that Shuri-cannons and/or Scatter lasers are the best 'combo' weapons if need be, or dual Starcannons if you expect a lot of marines. The Former option gives you some good anti-air coverage as well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree with Orochi's statement: this is an Internet copy and paste list with some added Shining Spears.
Which is fine as long as you are not playing versus young kids at your local gaming club.

Anyway,

To make it stronger, I would recommend to switch your war walkers to full bright lances.
Let's be honest, you have enough S6/S7 power from your Wave Serpents.
If you do not, it ain't the list, buddy. It is you....

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Interesting suggestion there, Wickedchild.

I always run Scatter Lasers/Shuri-cannons on my Walkers because I nearly always outflank, arriving in turn 3/4 and putting Str6 shots into units on foot or into the flanks/rear of vehicles. However, I normally try to destroy tanks prior to their arrival.

have you had success with Brightlance Walkers? If so, do you thin ka viable alternative would be EML Walkers, for the diversity of the launcher over the Lance?

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think warp spiders rather suit this list imo. Completly agree about the war walkers. Double scatters or double lances. I prefere mine to suit at the back and battle focus back behind cover after shooting. Shinging spears are good but only really in a squad of 8 or more. I'd drop the and fill out on warpspiders. I think with the fire prisms if he doesn't play stupid they should be able to handle any armour 13-14. Fire dragons are nice, I'm just not certain they're needed here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to offend some readers. The point of the post was to get some constructive input on the new Warlord Trait and Psychic Powers in 7th, the army list was included just to give you an idea of what was needed.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I myself still don't mind a Farseer going guide, prescience and psychic scream. It doesn't let you take an extra power like you would if you focus. I think it can be better then ending up with stuff like death mission. (stupid stupid power :angry:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.