Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to make a compeditive list that's not completely just jetbikes and fire prisms. I'm also trying a new type of seer council.

HQ
Farseer
Spirit stones
Fortune
Row
Rowith
Singing spear
Jetbike guide

Farseer
Spirit stones
Guide
Eldritch storm
Doom
Mind war
Singing spear
Jetbike
Row
Rowith

Farseer
Fortune

Seer council
4x
2x destructor
Enhance
Embolden
4x jetbikes
4x singing spears
Troops
3x jetbikes
Shuriken cannon. By 6

Elites
8 striking scorpions
Exarch
Claw

Heavy
Fire prism
Cannon

Warp hunter
Cannon

Dark reapers
5x
Exarch
Tempest launcher

Tau
Shadowsun
2x shield drones

Fire warriors
6x

Idea is to put shadowSun with the seercouncil, so as to give them stealth and shroud and then the second farseer can switch his powers for rule book ones

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I plan on putting the third farseer with the scorpions so that they can run up the field and hopefully kill things. The rest I think is self explanatory

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I would drop the 3rd seer and the scorps and the dark reapers for more Warlock bikes. also spirit stones is useless on first seer.
And fire prisms need a friend.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So do you think I should drop the warp hunter for another fire prism. I would fill out the rest of the seer council but I don't have anymore at the moment. What do you think of shadowsun with the seer council

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first farseers is supposed to have guide as well

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
shadowsun is a great idea although slower she does allow infiltrate.Run the three independent charecters at the front so they are near to warlocks for alocation of strength 6/8 weapons but they can spread lower strength wounds between them.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shadowsun can keep up as long as you don't turbo boost and because or her warlord trait she makes a 3d6 move in the assault phase rather then 2d6. Also she has two melts guns which one can be fire at a different target for extra anti armour. And one question to u all does fortune benefit independent characters that are battle brother that are in the same squad as eldar

·
Autarch of Heresy
886 Posts
I'm late to this conversation buutt..

Your first HQ, the one with Guide, what is he Guiding and Why?> If you are looking to TL the Templates then give him Mind War (you save 5 points) and trade it in for Presience. That way not only do you TL all the Spears and Templates but you can also re-roll in CC. Not to mention save 5 points, this also lets us take away the Spirit Stones for another 20 points. Unless you REALLY want Mind War then take the Mind Shriked? defualt power from Telepathy as it is technically better.

You don't need Mind War on the Second Seer, so we can take his Stones and just give him Fortune. You also don't need Doom as Twin Linking a Template allows free re-rolls to wound. You also only REALLY need Runes of Witnessing on the Fortune Seer. You can get by with LD 10 otherwise, especially if you have Emolden.

Seer Council is fine, looks like you are running them Guerilla warefare style.

Troops are ok

Elites are fine

Fire Prism seems lonely, prob should take another Warp Hunter

War Hunter is amazing, don't give it a Shurican

Reapers are fine except you have 5, lower them down to 3.

Shadowsun is fine

Fire Warriors are fine, might want to throw in a Pulse Carbine for some Pinning.

All in all if you follow my suggestions you save..135-145 points. Which is another few Warlocks or another Warp Hunter.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry but the first farseer has fortune and guide so that he can twinlink the weapons and fortune for the seer council. The second farseer on bike is swapping out his powers for telepathy. The third farseer has only fortune for the scorpions because I was saving points. Sorry if that was not clear. I was thinking of switching the warp hunter alri. Also pulse carbines lost pinning but gained another shot. I agree about the dark reapers alri thanks. What do u guys think of shadowsun with the seer council. Do u think it will work

·
Autarch of Heresy
886 Posts
Sorry but the first farseer has fortune and guide so that he can twinlink the weapons and fortune for the seer council. The second farseer on bike is swapping out his powers for telepathy. The third farseer has only fortune for the scorpions because I was saving points. Sorry if that was not clear. I was thinking of switching the warp hunter alri. Also pulse carbines lost pinning but gained another shot. I agree about the dark reapers alri thanks. What do u guys think of shadowsun with the seer council. Do u think it will work
Okay

But why would you buy Guide when for 5 points less you can grab the same thing that alos does it for melee? It doesn't really matter the order on who you take it but you grabbed

Fortune
Guide
Mind War
Doom

Put Fortune and Doom on the same Farseer and let the other one take Psychic Shriek and Presicence. You don't even need Doom, with the 5 points you saved you can buy the Dark Reaper Exarch Crack Shot.

Lets use a Draigo as a example for Mind War, this guy has 5 wounds and a 3+ invul. Mind War AT MAX can put 5 wounds. If you roll a 6 and he rolls a 1. Shriek can put 8 wounds on him with just you rolling 3 dice.
The short Range also doesn't matter since you have a bike that moves twice a turn.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You cant mix powers though like u can't have fortune and mind war and den swap out mind war for a roll on the rule book table so I don't get how

·
Autarch of Heresy
886 Posts
You cant mix powers though like u can't have fortune and mind war and den swap out mind war for a roll on the rule book table so I don't get how
But you can have a Single farseer with Fortune and Doom, and the Second Farseer with Shriek and Prescience, unless there is a specific reason you want to have a Seer with Fortune/Mind War and Guide/Doom.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ye I said I wanted to swap them out for 4 rolls on telepathy table

1 - 13 of 13 Posts