Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 2000 Eldar Army this is focused on the Biel Tan route.

HQ- 365 18%

Eldrad- 210

Elites- 289 14%

6 Fire Dragons, in reserve with Falcon, Exarch, Fire pike, Crack shot and Tank Hunters- 136
6 Striking Scorpions with Exarch, Biting Blade, mandiblaster, shadowstrike and stalker- 153

Troops- 483 24%

10 Avengers in Wave Serpent with Exarch, Bladestorm and 2 guns- 287
5 Pathfinders- 120
3 Jetbikes, 1 with shuriken cannon- 76 (Cheap as considering their $$$)
Wave Serpent (With dire avengers) Shuriken Cannon, Scatter Lasers- 125 points.

Fast Attack- 335 17%

5 Warp Spiders, Deepstriking with Exarch, Spinneret Rifle, Powerblades, Withdraw
6 Swooping Hawks Deepstriking with Exarch, Sunrifle, Powerweapon, Skyleap and intercept- 183

Heavy Support- 522 26%

Wraithlord (Who couldn't include a guy on serious steroids), dual flamers, Bright lance and EML- 155
Falcon (In reserve with Fire Dragons), Star Cannon
5 Dark Reapers with Exarch, Eldar Missile Launcher, fast shot,, crack shot.

NOTE: The fire dragons and the falcon are coming on separately so i can fire then next turn put them in the falcon for next destination :laugh:

Is this a good list i have lost 2 games with a list without the reapers, hawks, avatar and jetbikes to orks (2 turn) and necrons (4 turn) The orks I barely damaged cause of stupid forests but i took out the robotic hq ork and his squad or mega nobz and 30 normal boyz. (Bladestorm guided + doom for the win)

The necron i did a lot better and wiped out his 2 overlord 2 squad of 10 guys and all his vehicles i seem to win all the 300-500 'squad' games i play?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HQ- 210 14%

Eldrad- 210

Elites- 365 24%

6 Fire Dragons, in reserve with Falcon, Exarch, Fire pike, Crack shot and Tank Hunters- 136
7 Harlequins, 2 Fusion Pistols, 6 Kisses; Troupe Master, fusion pistol, Kiss; Shadowseer, fusion pistol, kiss- 126

Troops- 468 29%

10 Avengers in Wave Serpent with Exarch, Bladestorm and 2 guns- 120
5 Pathfinders- 120
3 Jetbikes - 66 (Cheap as considering their $$$)
Wave Serpent (With dire avengers) Shuriken Cannon, EML- 130 points.

Fast Attack- 152 10%

5 Warp Spiders, Deepstriking with Exarch, Spinneret Rifle, Powerblades, Withdraw

Heavy Support- 305 19%

Wraithlord (Who couldn't include a guy on serious steroids), dual flamers, Bright lance and EML- 155

NOTE: The fire dragons and the falcon are coming on separately so i can fire then next turn put them in the falcon for next destination

In this list I decided to play around with Harlequins (just saying I won the game with the last list it was against Tau), I did well for a lot of it until till the end when he rolled 6's to hit my Wraithlord (against Necrons the weird lightning shooting vehicles) and I rolled the most 2 in my life TWICE!!! and then cause of the lightning effect it bounced and killed all my dire avengers and 1 pathfinder (2+ cover), it fell apart there. Still I did pretty good.

·
Registered
129 Posts
At large points levels- like 2000 here- then sheer, brute firepower in large volume tends to rule, if you are going into blind tournaments. Furthermore, flyers tend to be very effective if not properly countered. I think you should get fire prisms in the mix, and some type of anti-flyer options. I also recommend pathfinders, and you need more bright lances as well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i would go for your first list but take out the avatar, he seams out of place here.
also take out two of the reapers. your only taking it for the tempest launcher anyway.
then swap the scorpions for the harlies that you have in list two.

Take the power blades and withdraw off the spiders as it never does anything and you don't want them in combat. if they do end up there they will most likely die fast. so this is a wast of points on them. just add an extra model or two instead. 7 spiders takes out most stuff and can even bring down a flyer or two.

Now that should free up some 200+ points.

so what to buy. well i would go for some cheap war walkers or a second lord. but play a few games and see whats lacking there. perhaps even swap the dragons falcon for a serpent with TL EML and then you can put war walkers and another lord in keep the war walkers cheap and outflank them.

Thats two big MC with T8 pumping out shots and guided because thats what Eldrad is for and sit them near the reapers with the harlies running up near by for the counter attack.
The serpents and dragons go to take out your biggest threat and avengers support in midfield near the harlies while fast attack drop in from the back and war walkers out flank. should work fairly well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
For anti-flyers i'm getting an aegis defence line and getting the quad gun, I was wondering whether the harlies should hang out at the defence line till someone comes within range 12 inches and run and charge them them with fortune then when i get shot at I should have a 4 + cover save with reroll then run back and repeat.
Good Idea with the avatars, I was going to have Fuegan With the firedragons and the Dark Reaper one on the big quad gun cause of her BS of 7?
Thanks for the help
I've decided to remove the reaper lord and replace it with Walkers this seems more of a better idea with more shots being put out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would go for your first list but take out the avatar, he seams out of place here.
also take out two of the reapers. your only taking it for the tempest launcher anyway.
then swap the scorpions for the harlies that you have in list two.

Take the power blades and withdraw off the spiders as it never does anything and you don't want them in combat. if they do end up there they will most likely die fast. so this is a wast of points on them. just add an extra model or two instead. 7 spiders takes out most stuff and can even bring down a flyer or two.

Now that should free up some 200+ points.

so what to buy. well i would go for some cheap war walkers or a second lord. but play a few games and see whats lacking there. perhaps even swap the dragons falcon for a serpent with TL EML and then you can put war walkers and another lord in keep the war walkers cheap and outflank them.

Thats two big MC with T8 pumping out shots and guided because thats what Eldrad is for and sit them near the reapers with the harlies running up near by for the counter attack.
The serpents and dragons go to take out your biggest threat and avengers support in midfield near the harlies while fast attack drop in from the back and war walkers out flank. should work fairly well.
Thanks i added fuegan with dragons in serpent (Catapults and Eml)

Removed Exarch for dragons (fuegan)
Added harlequins from 2nd list.
removed bikes for points (another war walker),
removed powerblades and withdraw, and added 2 spiders.
Wraithlord is carrying Starcannon + Scatter (in my opinion whenever you are shooting a target with the lance the rocket is useless vice versa).
removed exarch and 2 reapers,
added 3 walkers with 2x starcannons, 3x scatter, 1x brightlance
added fortification, aegis defence line with quad gun.
Total- 1999.

·
Registered
447 Posts
This is my 2000 Eldar Army this is focused on the Biel Tan route.

From a competitive point of view... Your list needs a lot of work. In places the war gear is all wrong and some units need changing compleatly. If I'm honest I can't believe no one has said so yet.

HQ- 365 18%

Eldrad- 210

nice combo

Elites- 289 14%

your missing the point. Just take 5 and no exarch. Fire dragons are a throw away unit. Spend as little as you can on these guys.

Also the transport is wrong. I would go for a wave serpent with s cannons. Falcon wanna be staying away using the range of their guns.

6 Striking Scorpions with Exarch, Biting Blade, mandiblaster, shadowstrike and stalker- 153

ok but take 10!

Troops- 483 24%

10 Avengers in Wave Serpent with Exarch, Bladestorm and 2 guns- 287

very good but with the 6th ed rules I now take guardians. They are a more competitive choice.

5 Pathfinders- 120

10 are needed for real stopping power, I find 5 just don't cut it. A very expensive unit if you do take 10.

3 Jetbikes, 1 with shuriken cannon- 76 (Cheap as considering their $$$)

very nice unit that have won me many games but will run quite easy. Could write a lot on this uni.

Wave Serpent (With dire avengers) Shuriken Cannon, Scatter Lasers- 125 points.

you should at 2k be taking 3 or 4 troop choices. I know your going for b tan but you can still take guardians.

Fast Attack- 335 17%

niice. Good in 6th. I take 6. Worked the maths out a long time ago and think it makes sense. 5 good tho.

6 Swooping Hawks Deepstriking with Exarch, Sunrifle, Powerweapon, Skyleap and intercept- 183

10 or nothin. Prob best with nothing. Very weak unit I would drop this squad.

Heavy Support- 522 26%

very price load out but works. I think taking would be a better idea than the dark reaper squad.

as I said before I don't like your plan for transporting the FD. Should swap the star cannon for EML if you do take it. Works bett with the main gun.

5 Dark Reapers with Exarch, Eldar Missile Launcher, fast shot,, crack shot.

not a bad squad but I would take another wraith lord.

Ok not a bad list but not competitive. A bit of a pick and mix list if I'm honest. You've got a bit of everything. If you sort your troops out and take seers you will have a nice base. The avatar will make them fearless so they won't run and the wraith lords will provide counter assault cover. Nice trick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply but honestly i hate guardians, maybe in apoc army's the extra firepower is nice but the 12 inch range and just a gun that comes on a wave serpent or falcon is not gonna make me change the dire avengers, i have switched harlies for scorpions for more of a assault on vehicles (melta pistols, power weapon) and tough units as my army is based on beating infantry with quite some strength against vehicles, i have switched the falcon with the wave serpent, and is adding fuegan cause he is awesome and will fit with the dragons, next i have bought a aegis defence line (quad gun) cause i'm hoping to be able to run, assualt then survive on a 4+ cover (harlequins) with rerolls (eldrad), I have picked Biel tan for tatics not shooting and blasting the sky away then dead next round. I have added 3 war walkers for extra fire support. I added 2 extra warp spiders and i'm having only 3 reapers.
I will get max 88 shots each turn (some brightlances, some starcannons, scatterlasers and so on) that is pretty good. Sure this may need some work but that is what local playing is about to play before hand to adjust your army something may work on paper but won't work in game. Also this is incrediably different to the normal eldar list (jetbike spam or wraithguard). So it will have some problems but that is good cause nothing is perfect.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I agree Eternal Eldar, I hate guardians as well. I tend to run more "elitist" army lists, and usually they resemble your first list. However, I used to tend to bring 2 fire prisms, but am moving away from them only because of anti-air. Falcons seem more feasible now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts