HQ

Troops
5 rangers - 60pts
10 Guardians on WS with TL shuriken catapults and TL Shuriken cannon - 230pts

Fast
5 warp spiders, exarch w/fast shot TL deathspinner and powerblades - 140
Crimson hunter exarch w/bright lances, marksman's eye - 190pts

Elites
6 dragons, exarch w/fire pike, fast shot on WS with TL shuriken catapults and TL Shuriken cannon - 307pts
6 Striking scorpions, exarch with scorpion claw WS with TL shuriken catapults and TL Shuriken cannon - 2825pts

Heavy
2 war walkers with double shuriken cannon - 135pts
Wraithknight w/suncannon, scattershield and scatter laser - 300pts

My opponent will probably take an Astra Millitary list with lots of shooting and heavy tanks. I'm expecting at least 1 russ, 3 chimeras, 1 manticore and 2 vendettas/valkyries.

The alternative is a Crimson Fists list, with lots of plasma cannons with prescience, heavy bolters, storm bolters, etc.

Either the way it's a camping style, with aircraft reinforcement and squad transport that tries to conquest last turn objectives. The scorpion will probably be destroyed in overwatch (fast shot, bolter drills, etc and I think that they won't even charge once...

The plasma cannons with prescience will also make a mess if I don't get a nice cover save...

I'm not too familiarized with the psychic phase so I'm not putting them on the list, but I have a farseer, 3 warlocks and a spirit seer, and invisibility seems a must have in this army.

I was thinking on taking out the scorpion + WS and put an aegis with lascannon or quad gun for the exarch to fire, put a heavy weapon on the guardians, and maybe adding a farseer or warlock, or even replace the wraithknigh, but I think he will be a target for heavy weapons and allow my other units to make their move

What do you think?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
if thats for a friendly game it's a fine list.
i agree on the invisibility thing. you should take some psy to cast it on the avatar...otherwise you might as well drop him: he will be dead by turn 3 at best :biggrin:

·
Registered
59 Posts
personally i'd drop the avatar and play double farseer instead, as neferhet said it will be dead by turn 3, turn 2 if the opponent deems it a big threat.
Also i'd swap the scorpions for a unit of dire avengers and spend the 60ish points you save in an other unit of dire avengers on foot or scouts.
About the waves i find them better kitted with tlSL, holofield and chin cannon, more tl shots and way better survivability if you jink/take cover.
This all said, the only thing i find a bit out of place is the avatar, the rest can work as it is for friendly games.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some changes

After thinking I made some changes in order to get more models on the table and more options.

So I've got:

HQ: farseer w/spear 105pts (goes with guardians)
2 warlocks with spear 80pts (one with the guardians, and other with the dragons)

Troops
5 rangers - 60pts
10 guardians, platform with SL, WS with SL and S cannon; holo fields and spirit stones 265pts
10 guardians, platform with SL, WS with SL and S cannon; holo fields and spirit stones 265pts

fast
5 spiders, exarch with TL deathspinner and fast shot (no powerblades) 120pts
crimson hunter exarch 180pts
6 hawks w/exarch 121pts

heavy
2 war walker w/double S cannons 140pts

elites
6 scorpions, exarch with claw 142pts
6 dragons, exarch with fire pike ans fast shot, WS with SL and S cannon; holo fields and spirit stones 322pts

aegis defense line 50pts (local meta has little ruins and stuff so i'm in nedd for cover)

total - 1850pts - 60 models

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Good list. No Wraithknight is a good thing and just 2 WS is good too. Can work. :)
edit:remember that psions embarked in vehicles can only cast blessings on their own unit.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
ah, i missed the third. Then i have to say that 3 WS are not so friendly. while 2 are somewhat manageable, in a friendly game (still being very strong) the 3rd is truly a death sentence for a fluffy list. given that you ignore cover and have str 7 and range 60"...you are bringing to the table 3 of the strongest heavy support in the game. I know, they are dedicated transport...dont fool ourselves. They are artillery. :)
SO, imo, the third is over the friendly line.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah, i missed the third. Then i have to say that 3 WS are not so friendly. while 2 are somewhat manageable, in a friendly game (still being very strong) the 3rd is truly a death sentence for a fluffy list. given that you ignore cover and have str 7 and range 60"...you are bringing to the table 3 of the strongest heavy support in the game. I know, they are dedicated transport...dont fool ourselves. They are artillery. :)
SO, imo, the third is over the friendly line.
The other side is very competitive and doesn't like to lose even on friendly. I'm expecting one primarys psyker, lots of meltas and plamas, 2 vendettas/Valkyries, 1 or 2 russ, tempestus squads. mantycores etc etc. I think he will bring all the heavy stuff to show the world his "superiority".

I'm doing this only for teasing him and experimenting for future tournaments.

On a friendly basis I would like to do a "wraith" list wit a spiritseer counsil, but I'm still getting the models needed for the list

You play chaos right? Nurgle? I also have a black legion army with over 2500/3000pts, that already gave me some results, but i'm focusing on the eldar now

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Ah, ok, you said friendly list at the beginning, i tought he would be friendly too. in this case, however, i fear you might have some problems, but this could really be a good test of generalship (a writkinght could help as could some windriders). I have, then, no other things to add to make the list better :)
Yes i mostly play chaos, but i'm now switching more and more on the Dark Eldar side of the life.
I also play sometimes with AM, which i bought to use them as traitor guardsmen :grin:
Black legion is very fluffy and funny to collect, i've painted some of my plastic buddies in the colour, but i'm too fond of contrating and excessive colours to collect a whole army of them. WHen you started with Eldar?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, ok, you said friendly list at the beginning, i tought he would be friendly too. in this case, however, i fear you might have some problems, but this could really be a good test of generalship (a writkinght could help as could some windriders). I have, then, no other things to add to make the list better :)
Yes i mostly play chaos, but i'm now switching more and more on the Dark Eldar side of the life.
I also play sometimes with AM, which i bought to use them as traitor guardsmen :grin:
Black legion is very fluffy and funny to collect, i've painted some of my plastic buddies in the colour, but i'm too fond of contrating and excessive colours to collect a whole army of them. WHen you started with Eldar?
The game was a friendly, but there are people that don't understand that concept...
Not a bad game for eldar. We played for the relic (not very good for me, since it concentrated everything in one point) and i was wiining as the end of 5th turn, but there was a 6th and it was over for me... I was able to destroy many of its infantry, but being shot by tanks plus infantry was too much for my army, especially when they have too many "ignore cover"
My serpents gave my first blood on a mantycore, and my falcons grab the relic on 4th. They were completly destroyed on opponent 5th and my guardians with farseer were able to kill some guys but the extra turn kill my chances.

Units performance
Rangers - Madeira some shots, no diamante, completly toasted by flamers - Waste of 60pts
Guardians - not bad, Nice shooting and movement
Psykers - gave me 5 dice for denying powers, and the farseer made some damage, still it must have a bike
Dragões - killed a russ, and made glancing on Pask, but they had allways 4+ inv save...
Spiders - ok, but didn't killed nothing. Tank was saved by cover (3 pens and 2 glancing)
Escorpiões - haven't figured out what to do with the guys. The shooted somehing, and charged a mortar squad. Thats all
Falcons - way good. Granade is a must and their shooting isn't bad
WS - the best. Have to bring 4 of them

Future - bring bikes is mandatory. Had a guardian squad away of the relic. Ir they were bikes i chulé have grabbed the objective on the 5th or 6th and won the game...

I started collecting eldar 6 years ago, but only this year started platina with them (only 2 games so far).
Also have some of the dark kin - the models are awesome!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
In fact your after battle thoughts are those of everyone who plays eldar :)
Rangers are just semi-useless
Scorpions are hard to put in use properly and hit with low force
WS...well the codex might as well be called "Warseer and Wave Serpents"!
Instead of scorpions and ranger, add a big nasty unit of windriders, give the psiker a bike to put with them and you are golden. also, add a WS by removing some upgrades from units: so many upgrades pimp the price too high. better to shoot 2d6 str7 shots more, i say!
About DE, awesome models, but so hard to play, i'm having my face kicked on a regular basis :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts