Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HQ

Troops
10 Dire Avengers (exarch, extra shuriken catapult, blade storm)
Wave Serpent (BL, Shuriken Cannon, VE, SE, SS)

Elites
10 Harlequin (6 kisses, shadow seer, troope master)

10 Howling Banshees (exarch, executioner)

Heavy Support
Wraithlord (Wraith Sword, BL)

Main strategy is to walk the avatar and wraithlord ahead or behind the Halerquin while I move the DA and the banshees to the front line or around the sides. I would probly use against a nid army and might swap the BL for starcannons if that was the case, then buy a farseer for my DA. The Avatar and Wraithlord I hope to draw a lot of attention and I want to try and get them into CC. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
280 Posts
HQ
Is he travevling with the WL's, or just standing around ? I don't really see this guy geing competitive without a Fortuen Farseer near by as he will be a Big Bullet Magnet and his Save is not that great, also, if your getting a Farseer, then just take Eldrad as he could help your entire Slow part of the army
Troops
A bit mis-matched for the Serpent, BL with Shuri-cannon as they don't help each other much... Just drop the Shuri-cannon
You might do better with a bit of diversity in this squad, PW & SS come to mind and maybe Defend. The Serpent comments are the same as above except here I would say to swap the BL's for something more multishot as you already have some Dedicated anti-tank.
Elites
10 Harlequin (6 kisses, shadow seer, troope master)
I would get as many kisses as possible and a slightly smaller squad (easier to manouver), anyway, the squad works well either way so I don't have anything bad to say about them
10 Howling Banshees (exarch, executioner)
Holy, more BL serpent, again go formore shooty with Scatters or Shuri-cans
Heavy Support
Did you mean EML and BL, as a WL is just that much better as a shooter as it is in HtH
Same as above
Drop this guy and go for that Farseer to help these and the Avatar work better.

Main strategy is to walk the avatar and wraithlord ahead or behind the Halerquin while I move the DA and the banshees to the front line or around the sides. I would probly use against a nid army and might swap the BL for starcannons if that was the case, then buy a farseer for my DA. The Avatar and Wraithlord I hope to draw a lot of attention and I want to try and get them into CC. Any suggestions?
The concept is good, nice fast units to get there if you need them or just use the Serpents for added guns... Big-E (Eldrad) would add so much to this army its rediculous, and your steadfast MC's could do a lot of work for you if they are used well. Have you ever considered (396) 10 WG; Spiritseer with Conceal (Troops choice) to go along with you Slow units and replace one of your DA units, they are so rock solid resilient and would make sure nothing ever gets to those MC's unless you want it too.

·
Registered
275 Posts
take all the bright lances off the waveserpents and replace them with missile launchers, get rid of the wraith sword for missile launchers. split the harlies up into 2 units, and lose 2 modules from each other units (dire avengers, harlies). i would also surjest getting a farseer with doom instead of the avatar as doom will help vertualy every single one of your units.

hope it helps
martin

·
Registered
280 Posts
take all the bright lances off the waveserpents and replace them with missile launchers, get rid of the wraith sword for missile launchers. split the harlies up into 2 units, and lose 2 modules from each other units (dire avengers, harlies). i would also surjest getting a farseer with doom instead of the avatar as doom will help vertualy every single one of your units.

hope it helps
martin
Short, concise and well said.... except for having 2 Harlie squads... as I don't think the points would allow it. Try it out though, as Martin deffinately has the right idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts