Wraithlord - 2 bright lances

C&C!:victory:

·
Registered
275 Posts
just things that i can see know,

dont have a bright lance on the falcon -completly pointless
and
i wouldnt have 2 lances on 1 wraithlord (makes it twin linked) so missile and bright lance is better (80 points for 1 twin linked bright lance oowch =(

martin

·
Registered
161 Posts
I know this isn't advice but - it's generally not a good idea to tell us (your opponents: myself and frodo) exactly what you're putting on the board. We'll just come up with specific ways to deal with it. Surprise is good.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
HQ
Autarch
Farseer
Warlock

*** The Autarch and Farseer make for good HQ's. The Avatar is pretty good also, but not as easy to use effectively as these two. I use one of each in my 2250 army. How do you normally kit them out?

ELITES
10 Scorpions - exarch
6 Banshees - exarch
6 Fire Dragons - exarch

*** Considering their transportation options, I'd think that you'll need a Serpent to get the Banshees or Dragons where they can do some good. Otherwise, good solid choices. Usually though, as a combat unit, Banshees do better at full strength. Really think about adding a Serpent for them.

TROOPS
10 Dire Avengers
8 Dire Avengers
10 Guardians
6 Rangers

*** These are very serviceable units. I field 2 units of Avengers, 2 of Storm Guardians, and 2 Guardian Jetbike squads. I have learned to respect the Rangers. What platform do you have for your Guardians, and how do you equip your DA Exarchs?

HEAVY
Falcon - shuriken cannon, bright lance
Wraithlord - wraithsword, bright lance
Wraithlord - 2 bright lances

*** As was mentioned before, duplicate weapons on the Wraithlord is a waste, as is the Brightlance on the Falcon. Stick with either a Star Cannon or a Scatter Laser. I use the Scatter Laser and a Shuricannon for the 7 Str6 shots in addition to the Pulse Laser. The Wraithlords really need a secondary 'main' weapon to be truly useful. I recommend an Eldar Missile Launcher, though many prefer Star Cannons in this role. The Wraithsword is a bit iffy to me, but it does make for a very very cool model, and that is definitely worth losing a little efficiency.

When you get the chance, try giving us a more detailed list for the army you want to field. Don't worry about your buds, as they'll most likely lose anyway, giving you more than just bragging rights. :laugh:

C&C!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha, yeah, thanks for the great advice Hespithe, and martin too
also, obsidian, this is my gt army, not the army i will be fielding in the large battle, and thats the truth, so please stop reading the "art of war" hehe

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha, you weren't there at lunch though, remember? that doctor appointment.
also, hesphite. my autarch has
- mandiblasters
- power weapon
- fusion gun

and my farseer has
- mind war (all hail mind war)
- runes of witnessing

argh, i think ive forgotten a bit for my farseer, my lists at home, ill double check later

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'd say give your autarch a jet bike, mandiblasters, laser lance and a reper launcher. You move 12, shot shurikens on the bike, reaper launcher, assault 12 (I think) with 6 str 8 attacks. Any marine will die. It's a powerweapon at str 8. They fail one inv save and they die. for 155 points, I reckon that's hell worth it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, thought so obsidian
also, awesome suggestion bloodhound
i might get that autarch on jetbike model then...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yeah. I had a character bash with some snapperhead called Dylan. He chose his Calgar. I won the first turn roll and killed him in that same turn. He had to take 3 5+ invulnerables. Failed one. Instant death.

EDIT: And with WS6, he can get lots of shots in.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
3500pts (with upgrades
Abaddon The Despoiler
Kharn the Betrayer
Huron Blackheart
Daemon Prince (Khorne)
Daemon Prince (Nurgle)
Chaos Lord
Chaos Sorcerer
5xPossessed Chaos Space Marines
Chaos Dreadnought
Chaos Dreadnought
14x Plague Marines
15x Khorne Berserkers
Obliterator
9x Havocs
Chaos Vindicator
Chaos Defiler
Chaos Predator

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
er, yeah....
and bloodhound, sweet
you have saim-hann right?
oh well, it can accompany my falcon

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd say give your autarch a jet bike, mandiblasters, laser lance and a reper launcher. You move 12, shot shurikens on the bike, reaper launcher, assault 12 (I think) with 6 str 8 attacks. Any marine will die. It's a powerweapon at str 8. They fail one inv save and they die. for 155 points, I reckon that's hell worth it.
I never thought that the reaper launcher would be mounted on the bike until now... hah

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
The problem is that the Reaper Launcher is NOT mounted on the bike (thus allowing for move & fire). It's an upgrade for the Autarch and not the bike, thus if the Autarch moves, it cannot fire. The Reaper Launcher and a Jetbike do not make a good combo. Still, there are some that refute this, but the entries/rules make no mention of the bike receiving the Reaper Launchers as a substitute for the twin shuricats. Until that is made clear, the reaper is not part of the bike. Stick with a fusion gun, jetbike, lance, mandiblasters.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the suggestions
yeah, i thought having a reaper on a bike didn't seem right..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts