Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

So far I have been playing 1500pts games and now i have decided to expand my army list to 2000pts. Seeing as i am going mechdar I was thinking of adding a Jetseer with warlocks or just sticking them in a serpent(cheaper) and possibly another squad of Fire Dragons. Any ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated

This is my 1500pts list:

Eldar 1500
HQ
Farseer total 120
Spirit stones
Guide
Doom

Troops
10 Dire avengers total 272
Exarch
Bladestorm
Wave serpent
Scatter lasers
Spirit stones

Exarch
Bladestorm
Wave serpent
Scatter lasers
Spirit stones

5 Dire avengers total 60

Elites
6 fire dragons total 241
Wave serpent
Bright lance
Spirit stones

Heavy support
Fire Prism total 160
Spirit stones
Holofields
Fire Prism total 160
Spirit stones
Holofields
Falcon total 190
Bright lance
Spirit stones
Holofields

Total 1475

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys
Eldar 1500
HQ
Farseer total 120
Spirit stones
Guide
Doom

This guy wants RoWard

Troops
Exarch
Bladestorm
Wave serpent
Scatter lasers
Spirit stones

Exarch
Bladestorm
Wave serpent
Scatter lasers
Spirit stones

5 Dire avengers total 60

Elites
6 fire dragons total 241
Wave serpent
Bright lance
Spirit stones

Downgrade the Bright Lance to a Shuriken Cannon. If you feel you need the BLs, put them on the Avenger Serpents instead.

Heavy support
Fire Prism total 160
Spirit stones
Holofields
Fire Prism total 160
Spirit stones
Holofields
Falcon total 190
Bright lance
Spirit stones
Holofields

Total 1475
A solid list. I would change a few things (such as removing the holofields and stones on your prisms), but it's all a matter of taste.
The idea of running a Jetlock council and a fortune seer isn’t horrible, but it is risky. The squad is a large investment of points and can be quite fragile. If it dies before it has a chance to do damage, you’re likely going to lose. I would definitely not use a serpent mounted council as it’s an even more fragile 'all or nothing' unit.

To upgrade this list to 2000 points, I would recommend adding a further Fire Dragon squad in a serpent, some Davu’s and potentially switch the falcon for a serpent to add another Prism. You can save points by cutting back on DA Exarch upgrades and those prism upgrades.

However, if you are set on the council, then go for it. Just make sure you get a Seer and atleast 6 locks with the fortune, embolden and enhance powers (destructor and singing spears being optional based on how you want to use the unit). If you do go this route, fill out the remaining points with Avenger units or another Fire Dragon squad. Either way your list will be fairly competitive and fun to play.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help i will take this into consideration. I don't understand why i need a third fire prism though. I also have a DAVU squad which is the falcon and the 5 DA or do you mean to add another one.

I will write up my list and see how many points i have left over.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK so here is my 2000pts list pretty much i just added another squad of FD, Eldrad and a squad of rangers. It's 6pts over so i'm guessing i will lose one of the spirit stones on a vehicle. Tell me what you guys think.

Eldar 1500
HQ
Eldrad total 210
Farseer total 135
Spirit stones
Guide
Doom
Runes of warding

Troops
10 Dire avengers total 292
Exarch
Bladestorm
Wave serpent
Bright lances
Spirit stones

Exarch
Bladestorm
Wave serpent
Bright lances
Spirit stones

5 Dire avengers total 60

5 rangers total 95

Elites
6 fire dragons total 206
Wave serpent
Shrukien cannon
Spirit stones

6 fire dragons total 206
Wave serpent
Shurkien cannon
Spirit stones

Heavy support
Fire Prism total 160
Spirit stones
Holofields
Fire Prism total 160
Spirit stones
Holofields
Falcon total 190
Bright lance
Spirit stones
Holofields

Total 2006

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ahh! I had just prepared a reply to your previous post and refreshed to find your new list :p.

You do not need a 3rd prism by any means—what I meant by this was you could drop your holofield/spirit stone upgrades and field 3 prisms. This would be slightly more effective than your current configuration as it provides your opponent with more targets and even if one prism dies you still have the 2 prism blast. 2 prisms with holofields is still just as solid though and if thats what works for you, I wouldn't change it.

In regards to the davus, I was simply meaning that in your 2000 point list you may want to consider a 2nd squad of them in a wave serpent so that you have 4 scoring troops (which is what I have suggested in your updated list).

Eldar 1500
HQ
Eldrad total 210
Farseer total 135
Spirit stones
Guide
Doom
Runes of warding
As you already get RoWard and a tonne of utility from Eldrad, this farseer might actually be unnecessary. Consider dropping it to free up some points.

Troops
Exarch
Bladestorm
Wave serpent
Bright lances
Spirit stones

Exarch
Bladestorm
Wave serpent
Bright lances
Spirit stones

5 Dire avengers total 60

5 rangers total 95
While this squad is a cheap objective grabber, it is going to be the target of all your opponents anti-infantry firepower (as you don't have any other infantry units deployed). Consider dropping this for a Davu unit in a serpent (use the points freed up from dropping the seer for the serpent).

Elites
6 fire dragons total 206
Wave serpent
Shrukien cannon
Spirit stones

6 fire dragons total 206
Wave serpent
Shurkien cannon
Spirit stones

Heavy support
Fire Prism total 160
Spirit stones