1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
140 - Farseer - Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Fortune, Guide

113 - 6 Fire Dragons - Exarch w/ Dragons Breath, Crack Shot

152 - 10 Dire Avengers - Exarch w/ Double Catapult, Bladestorm
160 - Wave Serpent - Shuriken Cannon, T/L Eldar Missile Launcher, Vectored Engines, Spirit Stones
152 - 10 Dire Avengers - Exarch w/ Double Catapult, Bladestorm
160 - Wave Serpent - Shuriken Cannon, T/L Eldar Missile Launcher, Vectored Engines, Spirit Stones
144 - 6 Pathfinders

272 - 6 Dark Reapers - Exarch w/ Tempest Launcher, Fast Shot, Crack Shot
205 - Falcon - Shuriken Cannon, Vectored Engines, Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones, Scatter Laser

1498 Total

Hi,
I'm new to the forums and the Eldar army. Any comments, criticisms, tips are welcome.

I seem to be having trouble with Eldar big time. I made this list up after last nights game which was another loss. I'm batting like 0 / 10 to my brother lol :( (who is also just starting eldar, so eldar vs eldar games)

I'll give an idea of what my troubles have been, and maybe you guys can help me out. He's been running Prisms every game, which have been giving me alot of trouble. Also Eldrad + Reapers, and then different troop/elite selections, which he will swap around. An ex. might be 40 guardians, or scorpions in a wave serpent. Anyway his heavy is what gives me the most trouble. Seems like the prisms each kill about 5 models a turn, and the reapers more so. Last game I lost 3 full squads of avengers and 10 harlies by second turn!.

So some things I was looking for some insight on. Maybe doesn't belong here, I'm not sure.

1. If your opponent is running prisms / fortuned reapers, and your running a foot slogging army. How do you make it across the table without loosing mad amounts of units? ex. 20 avengers on foot and 10 harlequins w/ shadowseer even.

2. How do you keep your elites alive? I usually lose a squad right after I use them. ex. Firedragons pop out of transport, kill something and then die. Harlies even worse. I've never seen them last the end of the opponents assault turn. If they got there in the first place :p

Again, Comments Criticisms Welcome!
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Wassup AP1! Welcome to Heresy Online!

Wow, I can understand how you feel. I play mechanized Eldar as well as having played an all footsloggin Eldar. Going up against the Prisms is very hard to do without taking many casualties. As for your list, I like it a lot. But, there just isn't much in it that can 'reliably' (if there is such a thing) handle Eldar skimmers. With a weapon that can do that much damage, the Prism is not a tank that can be ignored. Some conumdrum.

From what I can see, it simply looks like your vehicles will have to allocate all of their shooting to the Prisms and allow the infantry to handle the rest of his army. I really don't see this working well all of the time, but you are playing against your most difficult opponent - your own army with a good player behind it.

Can you tell us more about the games?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yea Sure,

For starters, we have a lot of different types of terrain. We do random generation on a 6 x 4 table. Where we each place 5 pieces determined by a d6. 1 being barricades, 4 being buildings ext. Our buildings have anywhere from 3 to 5 floors. All are citadel cities of death pieces.

I wanted my lists to be generally based on the aspect warriors and transports, being wave serpents and falcons. I love harlequins,(bought 8 w/ kisses, troupe master and shadowseer) but I find them very hard to use.

As I said before my brothers lists always include something like 2 prisms and reapers for heavies, guardians with missile launchers, and various elites.

Last game went something like this:
I wanted to try a lot of avengers, 20 on foot, 10 in a wave serpent, 10 harlies on foot, firedragons in a falcon, some pathfinders as well.

He got first, his prism moved out and shot up 4 of my avengers and his reapers shot up 5 more, and the lone guy ran away :p. His rangers took out 2 more from the other squad.

My turn, My remaining 8 avengers move into cover, harlies move forward, my wave serpent moves foward, and my pathfinders shoot at the reapers with no success as they are in cover and have fortune.

His Turn two, His reapers shoot my avengers squad killing 2 more, his serpent w/ scorpions moves forward.

My Turn two, serpent moves forward and unloads dire avengers (and manages to stun the prism), and blade storms against three walkers behind a building (they were moving towards my advancing harlies) and takes out one stuns one. Again pathfinders attempt the reapers, but no luck.

His turn three his ws unloads scorpions and yuriel on my harlies, doesn't end well for them. Also his reapers get a luck spotting roll and shoot up the harlies as well.

This leaves my avengers to counter charge and bladestorm his scorpions killing them.

His turn 4 he prisms my serpant taking it down, his yuriel and reapers mop up my remaining avengers. Leaving me with my falcon and pathfinders, which don't do much the rest of the game. The firedragons do take out one squad of rangers with flamer crack shot, but they get prism killed in one shot.

The game is fairly short I think, and he ends up winning by more then 1k. With yuriel, reapers, eldrad, 1 squad of rangers, a prism on the table. And I have a falcon.

Very bloody game on my end. :p

I hope that wasn't all too confusing, because thats the first semi battle report i've written.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Last game went something like this:
I wanted to try a lot of avengers, 20 on foot, 10 in a wave serpent, 10 harlies on foot, firedragons in a falcon, some pathfinders as well.

He got first, his prism moved out and shot up 4 of my avengers and his reapers shot up 5 more, and the lone guy ran away :p. His rangers took out 2 more from the other squad.

My turn, My remaining 8 avengers move into cover, harlies move forward, my wave serpent moves foward, and my pathfinders shoot at the reapers with no success as they are in cover and have fortune. Why didn't you shoot something else?

His Turn two, His reapers shoot my avengers squad killing 2 more, his serpent w/ scorpions moves forward.

My Turn two, serpent moves forward and unloads dire avengers (and manages to stun the prism), and blade storms against three walkers behind a building (they were moving towards my advancing harlies) and takes out one stuns one. Again pathfinders attempt the reapers, but no luck. I have to ask, why your Pathfinders are still shooting something they can't hurt, or is there no other options?

His turn three his ws unloads scorpions and yuriel on my harlies, doesn't end well for them. Also his reapers get a luck spotting roll and shoot up the harlies as well. His Scorpions can only assault if they disembark before the Serpent moves, so I have to ask, why did you get so close to it.... unless your going to block the exit point, your Harlies should be staying 15 inches or so away as that is all they need to assault.... and this distance will allow your VOT to force him to take range tests.

This leaves my avengers to counter charge and bladestorm his scorpions killing them. Good; but in the future, have the DA infront of the Harlies.

His turn 4 he prisms my serpant taking it down, his yuriel and reapers mop up my remaining avengers. Leaving me with my falcon and pathfinders, which don't do much the rest of the game. The firedragons do take out one squad of rangers with flamer crack shot, but they get prism killed in one shot. You do know that you should be shaking his skimmer everyturn at least, right..... turn them into movers, not shooters, and they will hurt a lot less. Oh, and you can also use your your Vehicle to tank-shock anything he has onthe ground, OK.

The game is fairly short I think, and he ends up winning by more then 1k. With yuriel, reapers, eldrad, 1 squad of rangers, a prism on the table. And I have a falcon.

Very bloody game on my end. :p Sounds like you had fun at least.

I hope that wasn't all too confusing, because thats the first semi battle report i've written.
Not confusing at all, decently put together, so thank-you. Your army lacks in raw firepower to deal with his Skimmers..... Did you consider dropping Guide, for Eldritch Storm,,,, this could give you some rear armour shots in the future as well as giving you the option of blocking his exit point, if you fail to destroy the tank..... Just something to consider... anyway, your army is actually pretty good... I could give you a more tweeked varient if you like; but, mos tof hte stuff is realy decent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts