1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hq - farseer - spirit stones and runes of witness. doom and guide
warlocks - 5x spears
Fuegan the burning lance

elites - 5 fire dragons w/ exarch and tank hunters.

troops - pathfinders x5
guardians x10 w/ scatter laser platform
guardians x10 w/ scatter laser platform

transport - wave serpent w/scatter laser
wave serpent w/scatter laser

Heavy Support - Fire Prism w/ holo
Fire Prism w/ holo
Falcon w/ scatter laser
total = 1445

·
Registered
20 Posts
for meq you dont want to be taking the guardians, more rangers would be better as that would really tear them apart, depending if you want to be highly mobile or not is up to you, your army seems kinda 50/50 atm..

id possibly take 5 dark reapers instead of the falcon then put the dragons in a wave serpent and give it stones

not really seen fuegan in play so dont know what it's like, from what i hear there is better points for value out there.

im assuming you have the seer council on bikes? or? id definately swap out a power for fortune as it greatly increase their survival

·
Registered
378 Posts
The seer council you should take a few powers for the warlocks, Even just embolden and Enhance would do you good. Also May I ask which units are going in which transports. From what it looks like at the moment either the council or dragons are footslogging and with the cost and survivability of both units i would want them in a transport. Other then that I like it. Have fun!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i edited the original and took some advice from both of you

HQ - farseer with bike/stones/rune of witnessing/singing spear. (w/ doom and fortune)
3x warlocks with bike/ singing spear. (w/ enhance)

Elites - 6 fire dragons with exarch and tank hunter. wave serpent w/ stones and scatter laser

troops - DA 2x5 w/ exarch power wep shimmer shield. 2x wave serpents w/ stones and scatter laser

6x pathfinders

Heavy support - 1x prism with holo field.
5x reapers w/ exarch and tempest launcher

any better???

·
Registered
249 Posts
:)
With you having listened to their advice, I'm going to advise back: I wouldn't bother with the Dark Reapers. They slaughter stuff, but they die too easily. (Try them out! With substitute models.) For this list, I'd drop them for another prism, and use the points on one more bikelock.

I also wouldn't bother with any of the exarchs on the dragons or avengers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Personally, since you're going to go that route anyway, I'd take a Falcon with Holofields and EML instead of one of the Wave Serpents and put 5(bare minimum, without exarch) DA inside it. A much more resilient gunboat(Serpents are tough nuts to crack at shorter ranges, but long range nothing beats Holofields) with a 48" range and two S8 shots to pop into a tank. Scoring too.

I'd also drop the Seer Council, because at 1500, they're taking a lot of your points. I see them fielded all the time in 1750+ lists, not so much in 1500. Finding the points, I'd definitely field some Howling Banshees, if you have the models. Nothing scares Marines more than a bunch of graceful ladies all armed with power weapons.

I'd go with this list:

HQ:

Farseer with Runes of Warding, Spirit stones, Guide and Doom (135)

Elites:

8 Howling Banshees: Exarch with Executioner (150)
+ Wave Serpent: Spirit stones, TL Brightlance (145)

5 Fire Dragons (80)
+ Wave Serpent: Spirit stones, TL shuricannon (110)

Troops:

5 Dire Avengers (60)

10 Dire Avengers: Exarch with dual shuricats and Bladestorm (152)
+ Wave Serpent: Spirit stones, TL Brightlance (145)

5 Pathfinders(120)

Heavy Support:

Fire Prism (115)

Fire Prism (115)

Falcon with Holofields, EML (170)

Army total: 1497

Farseer sits in the Falcon, twinlinking the shots with Guide, Falcon itself staying back and popping vehicles in the first 3 Turns of the game, flanked by two lance Serpents that do the same. Prisms either join in with AT, or go a different route and shoot passengers that drop out of their wrecked transports. Dragons do what Dragons do best, and what they do best entirely depends on whether your opponent has a Land Raider or two.

In mid game, you start moving forward, engaging enemies not in cover by torrents of fire from your vehicles and Bladestorming with disembarked Avengers(the ones from the Serpent, those inside the Falcon want to stay inside, if they can help it). By this point, Guide is of limited use on the Falcon, so might be an idea to focus on getting Doom in for either Banshees or Avengers, they both kinda need it, especially Banshees. Meanwhile Banshees engage anything sitting in cover, hidden from enemy reprisal fire by that same cover and by positioning your Serpent properly.

I use a similar list to this one, with few differences, and it can work beautifully. Tell me what you think about it!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree with Araenion. He has given you a pretty nice looking list there. Even if its slightly more different to your original I think it fits the requirements you gave for anti-MEQ and vehicle. Just remember that weapon destroyed results don't mean your veehicle is useless! Ram with them! I have used falcon hulls to ram many Hammerheads into oblivion.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts