Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got round to making some changes t an old list, so what do you think?

Farseer - Doom - 80pts

Fire Dragons - 128pts
Exarch - Dragon's Breath Flamer, Crack Shot, Tank Hunters
Fire Dragon x5

Striking Scorpions 148pts
Exarch - Scorpions Claw, Shadowstrike, Stalker
Striking Scorpion x5

Dire Avengers-152pts
Exarch - Bladestorm, Exarch Shuriken Catapult
Dire Avenger x9

Rangerx5 95pts

Rangersx5 95pts

Wraithlord - Flamer, Flamer, Missile Launcher, Wraithblade - 125pts

Falcon- Pulse Laser, Twin-linked Shuriken Catapult, Scatter Laser, Holo-field, Spirit Stone -175pts

998pts

The farseer will be going round with the avengers dooming a squad then the avengers, rangers and whatever else can will shoot at that squad.
The wraithlord will stick close to the avengers and farseer and either have a pop at some tanks or help the avengers with the doomed unit and provide some combat support. the scorpions will infiltrate, if possible, and either capture an early table quarter or disrupt enemy heavy weapon squads. the dragons will go in the falcon and take out any tanks early on or any high save units.

All help's appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
the list looks reasonable, but it does lack slightly in the ranged anti-tank department. The firedragons, are unlikely to do much footslogging, so they are the thing i would drop to put something else in. Another wraithlord would be a solid choice, but you have no guardians to deal with wraithsight, so they could be an idea. The problem with that is that with guardians poor bs its not great to have your single shot weapons relying on a 50/50 dice roll. Therefore i would drop a unit of rangers for a unit of scatterlaser armed guardians and add a wraithlord over firedragons. Or you could add in a different form of anti armour like vibro-cannons, or warwalkers if you prefer.

·
Ex Mod.
4,245 Posts
if your'e going to have the firedragons tank hunting, then give him a firepike. the heavy flamer is pretty good, but not for the purpose of the unit.
the eldar codex in my opinion has so many good units in it, and rangers are pretty low on the list. id use the points for another wraithlord or something similarly worthwile. other than that id say it was ok
The avengers with bladestorm is something i really like, and scorpions have always served me well in the past.

·
Registered
147 Posts
its a nice list with good variety of units in it. i agree with Jig though that you need guardians to help out your wraithlord so you can have the Warlocks. I reckon drop the firedragons and a unit of rangers[both of which can come back at 1500pt games] for 2 units of guardians with scatterlaser and warlock with embolden. This will give you a nice base from which to work your tactics, a steady rein of fire to pepper your enemy and some nice, mid str weaponry for dealing with speeders sentinals etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about these changes?
the scorpions will go in the falon now

Farseer 120pts
Spirit Stones, Doom, Guide

Striking Scorpions x6 128pts
Including Exarch - Scorpions Claw, Stalker

Dire Avengers x10 152pts
Including Exarch - Bladestorm, Exarch Shuriken Catapult

Guardians x10 141pts
Warlock Spiritseer, Conceal
Scatter Laser

Swooping Hawks x5 147pts
Including Exarch hawk’s talon, skyleap, intercept

Falcon 195pts
Pulse Laser, Twin-linked Shuriken Catapult, Scatter Laser, Holo-field, Spirit Stone, Vectored Engines

Wraithlord 135pts
Flamer x2, Missile Launcher, scatter laser

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
This list looks alot stronger overall. The falcon is hard to kill, and provides an extra anti-tank weapon, while the guardians can babysit the wraithlord to keep it useful. I would give the warlock embolden over conceal, as you should be able to find cover for them to use anyway, and the re-roll leadership will help them stay around alot longer that the 5+ would in my experience. Still keeps a nice mix of different troops in the list so will still be fun to use and play against.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Looking far more useful now. The Wraithlord will keep pumping out the shots with the Warlock around.

Personally i'd go for Warp Spiders over Hawks but they're both effective so it's no big deal. Just the models are awesome.

Be careful to deploy the Falcon out of LOS to start - don't be tempted to risk the first turn roll. If that beauty gets taken apart earlier you'll lose a major percentage of your CC element.

Nice List

Lee

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I wrote the list down wrong the falcon is 175 points and does not have vectored engines.

I chose the hawks as an extra anti tank unit which the spiders probably wouldn't complete as well.

Thanks again for the comments.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
spiders can serve as tank hunters if they need to. Jump up to the side or rear armour and get 12-22 str 6 shots, even if you can pen usually does the business. The 3+ save is also handy. Hawks are far superior against high armour stuff though, and are easy to get into range against hoards without getting charged or shot up :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about dropping the stones and guide on the farseer to get vectored engines and shadowstrike. This would mean i had the choice of infiltrating or transporting my scorpions.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
i'd choose one to do i.e. transport or inf and stick with that. either way can work depending on how your armies set up. Personally i'd prob go with infiltrate, but it could go either way easily.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought, though that if i could not infiltrate then as a back up i could transport them. When the falcon is not transporting units it can be a tank hunter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts