Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.
My name is Jeff and I go by Elchimpster on most forums.
I tend to be more of a collector and painter of figs than a player of the games. This is largely due to my own preference for laid back games to competitive ones.

I read a lot, and have read a loot of the Black Library novels. Especially fond of anything by Dan Abnett (Gaunt's Ghosts, Eisenhorn, Ravenor, etc). I've also enjoyed C.S. Goto, Sandy Mitchell, Ben Counter and Gav Thorpe.

I'm an illustrator by trade, mostly doing interior line art in the RPG industry. I'm looking forward to contributing here in the forums and talking WFB/ WH40k with everyone.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amazingly enough I've done precious little GW stuff. Just personal doodles on occasion. Considering how beholden I am to GW (yeah, I'll admit it, they own my soul for the forseeable future) you'd think I did nothing but Astartes and the like, but I never have.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, about me:
Real name is Jeff (ery) Preston
36 years old. I'm a west coast (Washington) guy trapped in Wisconsin.
Prior Service US Navy (QM4) and US Army Infantry (Airborne).

I actually came to this site randomly. I'm not a big forum user other than some local ones for the local gaming crew.

Playing Warhammer 40k since the beginning (although I did drop off between 2nd and 3rd editions). Playing WFB since about the same time.

I really love Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts