Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I'm not certain if I posted at the right place, but Dan Abnett linked this earlier, and apparently the famous novel by the same author is being made into a game for phones. More description is in the link. It is set to be released 2015. Thoughts about it?

Source: http://pixelherogames.com/xenos-announced/

·
Registered
633 Posts
This is what happens when you trust Sega with your IP. You get a SLOUGH of low-quality games from undistinguished developers who, rather than developing good content for respectable platforms, only want to cash in on your ideas.

Granted, GW are assholes and probably had this IP nightmare coming for trying to trademark "Space Marine."

I'm -almost- willing to bet that this is just angry birds, but instead of birds and pigs, you have bolter bullets and genestealers.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
That is supposed to be Eisenhorn....?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Young Eisenhorn, I imagine, before he gets all scarred up and gathers his various corrupted paraphernalia he's on the Eisenhorn Omnibus cover with...

Not too impressive, admittedly, but I see what they're aiming for. If they get to Hereticus and Malleus, I imagine that future covers will be the same image morphing into the Omnibus cover.

·
8,723 Posts
Thoroughly unimpressed to be honest. :(

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Personally the only thing that I don't like about that image is his hairline, everything else looks pretty good when compared to how he's otherwise been drawn:

·
8,723 Posts
Whilst I appreciate it's a "Young Greg" the face just doesn't look at all right to me.....

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Well this is a fucking scary thing to wake up too! I hope Abnett is being paid handsomely for this!

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
First off, I hope Dan Abnett gets paid handsomely for this.
Secondly, I hope it does not suck.
And third on the agenda, GW, could you please fucking stop licensing mobile stuff for a while and give us at least one or two real games on next gen platforms by a real developer? Thank you. (Seriously, we have five WH40k mobile games inbound and not a single PC or next gen game except for Eternal Crusade by Behaviour Interactive of all the fucking devs on this planet. Wtf.)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Coming soon:
Warhammer - Angry Orks
and
Bolter Crush Saga
followed by
Inquisitor Nukem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys,

My name is Nader, and I'm one of the developers at Pixel Hero games. I just wanted to pop in and say hello to you guys and give you a better sense of who we are and what kind of game ' Eisenhorn: XENOS' is going to be.

Firstly let me say that whilst our first game 'Spiral' was a mobile and tablet game, our team is actually made up exclusively of experienced console developers, bringing experience from studios such as Bullfrog, Criterion, Codemasters, Argonaut, and Kuju to name a few.

We make console style games but on mobile, such as 'Spiral', which was a mix of games like Devil May Cry, Zelda, and a dash of Final Fantasy. The game featured full 3D exploration, exploration, puzzles and real time combat, and as first game as a new studio was well received:

77 Metacritic
80 Quality Index

For 'Eisenhorn: XENOS' we are taking all the elements we had in Spiral and improving them further, as well as adding new ones. We are empowering the player a lot more. On another forum a gentleman mentioned Deus Ex... Well let's just say that's not far away from what we're talking about. We're also investing heavily into Eisenhorn's retinue, so during missions you will have two members of the retinue following Eisenhorn around, and gameplay elements, abilities and loot will all be different.

On a side note the image for the announcement is the highest detail model of Eisenhorn captured directly from our Engine (Unreal Engine), so that should give you a sense for the level of detail and visual style we will be going for

Feel free to ask any other questions!

So to the gent who thinks this is just angry birds re-skinned... well.. er... it's definitely not that! :)

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Hi guys,

My name is Nader, and I'm one of the developers at Pixel Hero games. I just wanted to pop in and say hello to you guys and give you a better sense of who we are and what kind of game ' Eisenhorn: XENOS' is going to be.

Firstly let me say that whilst our first game 'Spiral' was a mobile and tablet game, our team is actually made up exclusively of experienced console developers, bringing experience from studios such as Bullfrog, Criterion, Codemasters, Argonaut, and Kuju to name a few.

We make console style games but on mobile, such as 'Spiral', which was a mix of games like Devil May Cry, Zelda, and a dash of Final Fantasy. The game featured full 3D exploration, exploration, puzzles and real time combat, and as first game as a new studio was well received:

77 Metacritic
80 Quality Index

For 'Eisenhorn: XENOS' we are taking all the elements we had in Spiral and improving them further, as well as adding new ones. We are empowering the player a lot more. On another forum a gentleman mentioned Deus Ex... Well let's just say that's not far away from what we're talking about. We're also investing heavily into Eisenhorn's retinue, so during missions you will have two members of the retinue following Eisenhorn around, and gameplay elements, abilities and loot will all be different.

On a side note the image for the announcement is the highest detail model of Eisenhorn captured directly from our Engine (Unreal Engine), so that should give you a sense for the level of detail and visual style we will be going for

So to the gent who thinks this is just angry birds re-skinned... well.. er... it's definitely not that! :)
So it is a mobile/tablet format? Sorry, not interested. If you all have console experience why not shoot higher? The Eisenhorn IP is perfect for bringing 40k to consoles, even more so than button bashers involving space marines.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi guys,

77 Metacritic
80 Quality Index

Well I would have to say thank you for taking the time to reply here with information! As a 40k-enthusiast, I would want things to turn out good! I wish you good luck with the project and I shall return if any questions do appear to me! :)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Does this mean no angry birds with a 40k re skin? booo.... (I kid :grin:)

Is this going to be available on all mobiles or just Iphone and android?

(speaking as the owner of a windows phone...)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi guys,

Well thank you for popping in

Git would be more appropriate:grin:,
wasn't inferring this was an angry birds re-skin, I just half expect an angry birds re-skin at some point

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hi guys,

77 Metacritic
80 Quality Index

I'm sure you understand my cynicism about the 40k franchise's future in video games following the "beta release" of storm of vengeance. I apologize for my harshness, though.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
made up exclusively of experienced console developers, bringing experience from studios such as Bullfrog, Criterion, Codemasters
go on.......

I have had a look at Spiral and it looks interesting. I'm not overly enamored about playing games on my phone or tablet but if you have good designers working on it, i could definitely be swayed if the game is good enough.

As the others have said, thanks for taking the time to comment, now make sure you deliver the goods :wink:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts