1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
455 Posts
Whoa, this might be the best deal BL has ever produced. I was expecting it to be at least £70. You know, that cardboard case would easily bump the price up. Cardboard isn't cheap.

I haven't read Eisenhorn. Is it worth a read?

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Ouh, yes, gimme gimme. Already own both the reprints and the omnibus, but this box looks like such a beauty that it will fit in just fine on the top shelf. Also, 65€ for three hardbacks and a case? Not at all a bad price.

Hope they bring out a similar box for the Ravenor trilogy as well.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Yeah I'm buying this. I already have the omnibus and the ebooks. But I've been waiting for a collectors style hardback for a long time now. Just hope we get a Ravenor one too that matches!

But yes Kharn, read it. It's easily one of the best series and some of the best novels in the BL catalogue.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow. That looks actually classy, I really like the covers.

If you are going to drop money on limited BL books make it these ones.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only the best published BL books ever. No, totally not worth it :p
Seconded, thirded, and fourthed. If you haven't read Eisenhorn, READ IT NOW!!!

LotN

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's still a lot of money....

I have the omnibus, but kind of putting off reading it.... I felt like I have about 100 other books worth reading first.... anything Post Human... not just squishy IG...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ordered, this set looks amazing, had the paperbacks for quite a while but not got round to reading them. said this on fb, but I'd love the ADB Night Lords books in this format

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I felt like I have about 100 other books worth reading first.... anything Post Human... not just squishy IG...
Few things are worth reading as much as Eisenhorn is. It's really that good of a series.

And Eisenhorn is not squishy. Not. Even. Remotely. True it's not in his own trilogy, but there is a moment in Pariah that shows exactly how much of a badass Eisenhorn is;

LotN

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh my, 65 euro for 3 Hardcovers with free delivery? Best deal from BL.
Eisenhorn was my first warhammer40k book, wanted to buy omnibus long ago, so happy right now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Really chuffed over this release, eisenhorn is great fiction and Im loving the chance to re read it. Would be great to get a limited print run of the dark black and white covers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah calling Eisenhorn squishy or alluding to that is so laughably wrong.
Lets just make sure we're clear... I said IG are squishy... I didn't know much about Eisenhorn to make that assumption.

I do own the Eisenhorn Omnibus as well as a limited edition Pariah. I had planned on reading it... I mean I just own a million and 3 books in the warhammer 40k universe. I only said that I would rather read about Space Marines because it seemed that they are just cooler in my opinion.

It's good to hear that at least one of the IG cats isn't just a squishy blood bag... however, it's not so good to hear how they destroy Word Bearers so easily... so maybe he may be one of the last I read! haha

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah hell I cracked and bought a copy. I thought about Cherubael, who was probably my first favourite character in a series (Eisenhorn was one of the very first books I ever read), and all the other awesome things about Eisenhorn and decided that if there was any series I would be proud to own as a Collector's Edition, even if I already own it, it is the Eisenhorn trilogy.

Can't wait to see them on my shelves, and re-read the series for the first time.

LotN

·
Registered
124 Posts
Really hope GW listen to how well this is selling and how popular it is generally. Eisenhorn was the first to dig behind the monotony of space marine battles and move into the fantastic universe that 40k has to offer. The Beast is doing something similar, and giving some epic battles mixed in.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts