Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Not a bad "round about" figure that he came up with seeing as he was hamstrung on many factors that would affect the final numbers from being more than say 60 to 70% accurate. Things such as total sales numbers, total production numbers and even the packaging numbers can drastically alter the final outcome. All said and done, he does have a very good estimate on cost versus price versus profit on one item.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Oh man, logic to counter the cries of GW being to expensive.

It's a shame it'll be countered by "But they're just plastic men"

·
Registered
123 Posts
I know over here that GWS sells to retailers at a 60% discount.....so 60% of the cost is going to the retailer, not to GWS. If your a store buying from a distributor and not from GWS direct, then your probably buying GWS stuff at 40% off.

·
Registered
432 Posts
An interesting read. Certainly adds some perspective on where my Imperials Guards home-world is :so_happy:.

I think that, regardless of price hikes, I will continue to buy from Games Workshop, (unless its like tripple digits for one box) irregularly. Its the core of the hobby and say what you will about e-bay and independant stockists, GW for me is sort of the heart of the gaming community. (And I am aware that some people hate their local GW, but mine is great so......meh)

Good find Yarrik. Have some rep.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thank you for finding that excellent article. Gaming is a luxury that most of the planet's population cannot afford..ever. In that regard we have it pretty good so I'll continue to buy GW. + rep

·
The Apathetic Sociopath
1,039 Posts
Thanks for the informative article. I'm a little less enraged and my respiratory rate has decreased, but my wife still thinks I'm a stooge.

OBGOG

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nice article, it does a good job in explaining GW economics to begginers. I have never complained about price increases in their products, but this does not mean however that I'm willing to pay whatever for their products. But as long as I can afford them and my wife lets me play I'll continue in the hobby.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts