Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I have been scrounging around Heresy for my EC information I have run into a few things that I would like answers on.
1. Is Lucius the Eternal worth taking? TBH, I see no use for him. I love his fluff but game wise he seems like, well, garbage. For the same points you can get a lash prince for gods sake

2. Is maxing out on sonic weapons in your NMs a good choice?

3. Does running 2 Lash Princes automatically label you a power gamer? I hardly ever play (once a month maybe) and mostly just in my basement against a friend. I dont wanna be a cheesemaster but DPs are like my favorite models ever and if a unit is good too, y not?

4. I probably going to include Bikers in my army (yes ik they suck) because speed freaks seem right up Slaanesh's alley. How should I kit them out?

5. Are Oblits cheese as well? They are so good but I was considering taking 3 Vindicators. (bad idea?)

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
As I have been scrounging around Heresy for my EC information I have run into a few things that I would like answers on.
1. Is Lucius the Eternal worth taking? TBH, I see no use for him. I love his fluff but game wise he seems like, well, garbage. For the same points you can get a lash prince for gods sake
He's pretty good against enemy characters, but you're right in thinking he's not much cop IMHO

Definitely

3. Does running 2 Lash Princes automatically label you a power gamer? I hardly ever play (once a month maybe) and mostly just in my basement against a friend. I dont wanna be a cheesemaster but DPs are like my favorite models ever and if a unit is good too, y not?
2 Lash Princes is generally frowned upon, yes. Take one, and give the other DP some other power. That way, you get the flavour, you get to use Daemon Princes AND you don't et labelled a power gamer

4. I probably going to include Bikers in my army (yes ik they suck) because speed freaks seem right up Slaanesh's alley. How should I kit them out?
Mainly just bolters, Aspiring Champ only if you have a Greater Daemon because he's no better at shooting than the others, and you don;t wnat your expensive bikers in CC now do you? Maybe throw in a combi-melta or two.

5. Are Oblits cheese as well? They are so good but I was considering taking 3 Vindicators. (bad idea)
Taking three Oblits is no problem. Taking 9 is cheesy. All things in moderation. And on the topic of taking three Vindicators, if ou take 2 Lash Princes and 3 Vindis, that screams out POWER GAMING CHEESE MASTER!

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated
Answers in Green.

Midnight

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
YES, get those sonic weapons in there. I used a squad of 8 noise marines in the last tournament i was in, 6 had sonic blasters and one a blast master. the moving and firing works really well, i led two squads of deathwing terminators around the board for three turns and killed them all just because of the shear number of shots and the fact the termies never got in range to charge me. Good for killing lots of orks too

5. Are Oblits cheese as well? They are so good but I was considering taking 3 Vindicators. (bad idea)
Take three obliteraters instead. Their Relentless (from Slow and Purposeful) rule means they can fire anything and still move and charge as normal. Toasting orks with three heavy flamers before charging with 9 powerfist attacks means very little survives

hope that helps a bit

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
alright ill help you out bud
First , lucius is not a terrible HQ for friendly games or themed, but i am competetive so i perfer 2 lash princes with wings. now yes i agree that lash is super cheese, but seriously there is so many other armies that have cheese and more of it. look at the gaurd codex every page from cover to the back, also the Blood angels codex is cheese too. so you shouldnt worry about people calling you cheese.
second maxing out sonic weapons is great for horde armies. hell they are even rape against marines and sometimes terminators depending on how many terminators there are. but i would suggest spamming doom sirens and blastmasters. the blast masters S8 ap3 small blast i use this unit for poping rhinos and hitting enemy HQs to try and inflict instant death, and the doom siren is there as a defensive weapon. what i do is take 6 squads of 5 man noise marines with a champion with a doom siren a power weapon and a blastmaster i sit them in the back and shoot with the blastmaster when stuff gets to close i disembark move up hit the enemy with the doom siren S5 ap3 template useually that will kill the squad but if it dosent you just assualt whats left with your higher initiative I5 with 4 attacks with the champion on the charge power weapon hits. this is awesome and i have killed so many blood angels space wolves and just about anything with this. ha ha ha they all say the doom siren is cheese. ha ha.
bikers well i have never really used them accept for games i was going to take 100 lesser daemons and bikes with an icon was hella lethal. but i imagine if you find them interesting go ahead and use them.
oblits arent cheese they got nurfed from the 3rd edition codex they use to count as elite choices and they had assualt cannons as well as everything else the have now, also they were armor 2+ i believe. so they arent that good now they are extremly usefull but i prefer havocs with lascannons cheap 5 mans on foot with 4 lascannons for 215 points. hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts