Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have been out of the hobby for a little while, and so i am new to 7th edition, but i picked up some 7th edition stuff and made a 1500 point army list from that using my custom Space Marine chapter: The Ebon Owls. Here is the list below. I would love some feedback! Potential tactics, weaknesses the list has, What you would add if i was to make it 1850 points, changes you would make…etc.

HQ

Master of the Forge /w/ Bike, Conversion beamer, Auspex, Power Fist, Flamer

TROOPS

5 Tactical Marines, 1 Lascannon

FAST ATTACK

4 Bikers, 1 Meltagun, Sergeant/w/ Melta bombs

3 Land Speeders, All /w/ Typhoon Missile Launchers and either Heavy Bolters or Heavy Flamers

3 Land Speeders, All /w/ Typhoon Missile Launchers and either Heavy Bolters or Heavy Flamers

HEAVY SUPPORT

5 Devastators, 4 /w/ Plasma Cannons

1 Vindicator /w/ Siege Shield

1 Thunderfire Cannon

ALLIES

1 Vindicare Assassin

TOTAL
1,499 points
Chapter Tactics Iron Hands

Just as an aside, i was thinking of making the Land Speeders 3 units of two, and if that is the case, then exchanging the bikes for

5 Scouts and 1 Land Speeder Storm

For two Reasons. 1: To make any incoming deep strikers scatter further, and 2: In case i need to run over and quickly grab any objectives near the end of the game.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well I like it. Some things that I do, would be with Iron Hands I bring lots of vehicles, and with a MotF I like to bring dreadnoughts. Razorbacks are fun. Scouts with camo cloaks will work well with the MotF and the Thunderfire cannon by really boosting their cover saves. You can get a 2+ out of these guys without even going to ground.

I like to thin out my speeders too. It's hard to do with a limited number of slots though. But typhoon speeders dish out some hurt, but they get smashed by just about everything in the game. I can hide a single one out of line of sight but not 3. Then if I have to jink it messes up the whole squad's shooting. Plus, if you can kill one, normally they can get to the rest. If you keep them as singles the opponent will be forced to use high point units to destroy cheap little models, thus generally "overkilling" the speeder and not getting the maximum bang for his buck. I love it when they have to take a 150-200 point unit to deal with my 75 point speeder. That's excess firepower not getting pointed at my other units.

I also like to bring multiple special weapons when I can. Like on the bike squads I always bring two meltas, and a multi-melta attack bike if I can. There were so many times that I ran 5 man units in my space wolf army with a single melta in it, or a drop pod dreadnought with a single multi-melta and that sucker misses and leaves my unit out in the wind.

A captain or chapter master on a bike will let you bring those bikers as troops and give you a kick ass combat character with the right wargear. It's been done to death, but grav guns are also great on bikes. Since they are salvo weapons and bikes have relentless they'll always get the maximum shots at maximum range and can still charge if necessary. Of course then they'll be doing the same job that your plasma cannons are currently doing since grav is great against heavy infantry and monstrous creatures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts