Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 40k bargains, eBay rocks.

Take for example today. I won 2 packs of the current Flesh Hounds for £3.20 + £3 p&p. That's £6.20 for what retails at £16. The beauty being that that's a good deal, but by no means out of the ordinary on eBay. The only danger is buying more than you can possibly paint! :lol:

Then there's the OOP & FW stuff, most of which you can pick up at fairly cheap prices.

And yes I know there's bad stories about eBay purchases, but I feel my 10 bargains for every 1 disappointment, makes up for it.

I just know I have way more to discuss on this topic, but I'd like to hear what others have to say on this subject.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ebay can be a funny thing. Sometimes you can grab an absolute bargain like you did, and other times you struggle to get a 5yr old painted model for less than a fiver!

Overal though like you, most of my purchases have been good deals and I'm happy to have that one bad transaction 'cos well, it's just a one-off.

Having said that I have given up buying multi-part kits like marines that have been assembled 'cos I've had some truly awful positioning and assembly.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I generally stick to eBay companies like Maelstrom. You know what your gonna get.

I've not been burnt yet, and have got some great stuff from independents like a full Seraphim squad real cheap, but best to be on the safe side.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
I never buy any GW models at retail. I was in GW the other day picking up more GS, and i grabbed the commander box. i was queuing for a while and thought "fuck that, i can get it cheaper on ebay" and put it back.

recently i got a tac squad and commander sprue for £20.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yup.. I bought wraithguards at $5 each (brand new in blister) on ebay.

They retail for $15 each.

I bought 5, so i saved myself $50 on the purchase!

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
I like my guy Bruce on ebay. I'd rather go to one place where I know I can get a good deal (usually around 20% off) rather than hunt around and deal with sellers I don't know to get a rock bottom deal.

But then, I'm profoundly lazy

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I reccomend checking under unlikely headings for 40k stuff. I found a Tactical Squad (the last version that doesn't have as many great bits, but otherwise looks identical) for five bucks under the Video Games section once. Person found the box at a garage sale... figured they could turn it around and make something on ebay for it. They just listed it wrong since they didn't really know what it was. It was still shrink-wrapped, too.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I sometimes purchase from a GW store, but more often than not on ebay. Maelstrom is my personal favorite. While not as cheap as some others I have had zero problems with them and customer service is superb, especially if you are a regular that they know well.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I checked out Maelstrom on ebay, and I have to say that yes, some stuff is slightly cheaper, but other stuff you'll end up paying more once you add in the shipping (at least for some of the stuff I was looking to get).

·
Registered
438 Posts
Gotta love ebay. My entire army is either ebay or remodelled stuff I bought years ago.
Only one dodgy experience, got a load of zerkers with no backpacks. But I've emailed the guy, and hes posting them so not a problem really.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts