Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when some friends of mine and I play, we have a couple little changes.

the first is extra armor on tabks gives a -1 modifier when you roll to see what happens to the tank (stunned becomes shaken, etc. etc.)

A dozer blade gives you a +1 modifier when ramming

when you have a daemon weapon, you can have something in the other hand.

Do these sound to crazy, we think they are sensible! You decide!:biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
...the first is extra armor on tanks gives a -1 modifier when you roll to see what happens to the tank (stunned becomes shaken, etc. etc.)
If that is instead of the current use then it makes sense, and does not seem very broken.

A dozer blade gives you a +1 modifier when ramming
Fluff makes some sense; a piece of metal designed to make tanks able to push through terrain more efficiently would also work on units.

Unless you habitually play on a board with large amounts of track-breaking terrain (so are getting a huge benefit from dozers anyway), again does to seem too overpowered.

when you have a daemon weapon, you can have something in the other hand.
There is no fluff reason why they cannot be one handed; indeed many examples exist in the literature.

Rules-wise the extra attack you could get from using an additional CCW does not worry me overly. It would probably not still motivate me to take a Lord.

I would happily play friendly games with these tweaks.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If that is instead of the current use then it makes sense, and does not seem very broken.

it is

Fluff makes some sense; a piece of metal designed to make tanks able to push through terrain more efficiently would also work on units.

Unless you habitually play on a board with large amounts of track-breaking terrain (so are getting a huge benefit from dozers anyway), again does to seem too overpowered.

There is no fluff reason why they cannot be one handed; indeed many examples exist in the literature.

Rules-wise the extra attack you could get from using an additional CCW does not worry me overly. It would probably not still motivate me to take a Lord.

I would happily play friendly games with these tweaks.
glad to see I'm not insane, thanks!
What about Daemonic Possession?
Can that be -2? :biggrin:
I wish, but the current rules make sense to me!:biggrin:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Tanks are already ridiculously survivable , when it takes over 6 lascannon shots to down a rhino then you've unbalanced things toward mech even more.

·
4,491 Posts
Take Daemonic Possession and Extra Armour on the same vehicle.

So basically....

Glancing hit
1 - Nothing
2 - Nothing
3 - Nothing
4 - Nothing
5 - Nothing
6 - Weapon Destroyed

Penetrating Hit
1 - Nothing
2 - Nothing
3 - Nothing
4 - Weapon Destroyed
5 - Immobilized
6 - Wrecked

Broken much???

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
Take Daemonic Possession and Extra Armour on the same vehicle.
Good point; as Possession makes Extra Armour pointless it had not occurred to me that you might take both.

Mind you, if you are playing people who would take advantage like that you are probably not going to be playing friendly home-brew.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
not only that but immagine if you hit with a Venom cannon. If it calced the best you can do is shake them up!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good point; as Possession makes Extra Armour pointless it had not occurred to me that you might take both.

Mind you, if you are playing people who would take advantage like that you are probably not going to be playing friendly home-brew.
actualy... that's what I do! most of my opponents in friendly games are fine, cause I payed the points!:biggrin:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
also, we came up with the xtra armor rules because a friend who is nids plays 3 carnifexs and a hive tyrant all with rending claws! using the regular rules if they attack a vehchle, BOOM!:biggrin:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they actualy don't fail, on turn one they made 2 rhinos and a predator go boom! (then we decided on the xtra armor rules)

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Arn't 'fexs Strength 9, rolling two dice for Armour Pen means they Auto-pen Rhinos meaning Rending claws do nothing at all. In fact if you do roll a 6 on your armour pen roll you've already got a minimum of 16 so Rending Claws will never ever do anything for them. Hive Tyrants potentially get some use out of them but it's marginal at best, S6 + 6 + 1 = 13 so that rend might mean you pen AV 14, but it's not worth it at all. Rending has nothing to do with your tanks blowing up.

When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter how good then Pen is, it's a single dice roll on the vehicle damage table. Just as likely to be a Shaken than a Explode.

I don't think you can complain when 5-600 pts worth of MC blows up what 150-200 pts worth of tanks in a turn.

Aramoro

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't play nids, so the dude may have been cheatting:shok:, but everytime he assaulted a vehichle, BOOM!:scare:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts