Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Earthshaker Cannons and the deck part from a Basilisk. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make a base for my Earthshaker emplacements?

Also, do you think most people will care if I use them? If they do then I guess I'll have a very fancy piece of terrain.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they're a little less expensive but have less armor and are stationary. They're honestly not that hard to take out. I just think that are super cool.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I used lego to make the bases for a Hydra and manticore emplacement, but then, I use lego for a lot of stuff - FW do make them, but I can make about a dozen out of lego (and skin them to hide the dots) for what they charge.
The rules for them are in IA 1/ Vol 1/Update 2006 (iirc). They are cheaper, compared to the vehicle mounted ones, but are immobile, and thus, treat further immob results as weapon destroyed/destroyed. They're good for objectives in big games, like apoc, though.

Guns of Navarre I style missions, anyone?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I just 'skin' them with plasticard (it's simply glued over the bricks, and thinner strips are added to the sides. You end up with a bevelled slab, instead of a brick with knobby bumps/studs.)

like this: (the x's just represent the cross sectional area. )
.____
/XXXX\
IXXXX I

One sheet that covers the studs, and thinner strips angled to join it to the sides.

Not hard to do (with practice), and I can get pre-cut strips the right size at my local hobby shop (2mm wide). I could probably tell you better with pics, but my camera isn't back from the shop yet (faulty flashgun burnt out the hot-shoe interface).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts