Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(When I say Earth I mean Earth as it is now. With the same technology we have, the same countries we have, even you, the reader, sitting at your computer reading this)

What if the Imperium came to our world? Do you think we would be compliant?

I don't think we as a whole would. Maybe some nations would choose to be and others would resist. We would probably have a lot wars too. But eventually I think we would have to surrender our world.

Tell me what you think?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If the Imperium found us as we are now, they'd probably declare exterminatus on us purely because of Justin Bieber. Wouldn't want that taint to spread any further than one planet.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I would rather hope the Nids invade Earth before the Imperium. They only have to eat France to take up the surrender gene and were as good as dandy.

If the Imperium landed here they would declare us traitors for moving around little figurines of themselves around tiny tables.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If the imperium landed on earth...... where did they come from?

The most likely thing is that (unless they just open up on us and decide to wipe the planet out) we would be annexed into the Imperium and after recieving the advanced weaponary of the imperium the majority of the soldiers in our armies would be sent of the proove themselves, considering the current tactics and thinking of the main powerfull countries armies, they would be used as more elite forces than just cannon fodder, Although some still will.

Considering that the main commonground that anyone could have (other than being human) would be that both cultures mainly worship a singular god who is the father of mankind. Unfortunately some other religions would be wiped out or driven underground, pretty much any that polytheist ideas.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Didn't the Imperium absorb parts of the Interex, which was a technologically advanced human empire? I don't think we'd get Exterminatus. Rather I imagine we'd try to establish "diplomatic relations" with them at first, to which the Imperium laughs at the very concept of diplomacy and proceeds to forcibly assimilate us. We'd all be on some frozen hellhole clinging to our lasguns in a never-ending war against Orks a few years later.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If they did come and destroy us the Imperium would cease to exist since they just killed their ancestors. [Especially since they live on a renamed Earth and they live in the 41st millenia] They would HAVE to come in peace.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Terra is just the latin name for earth. Latin is most likely what is commonly reffered to as High gothic.

And dammit toalewa850, that was the point i was waiting to use on someone who would argue that the "imperium comes from terra"

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
High Gothic isn't Latin. It's an amalgam of various old earth languages, but with a heavy emphasis on latin.

He is not saying they we are the terra that the imperium spawned from. Merely that we could be a long lost element of humanity that came to believe this was terra.... IOW, stupid.

·
Registered
392 Posts
So theres alot of planets called Terra, all orbiting different stars but still called Sol and with a solar system identical to our own?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What I meant by saying Earth was that Terra and Earth were seperate. As if The Imperiums world (Terra) is a completly different one than our own (Earth)

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
So theres alot of planets called Terra, all orbiting different stars but still called Sol and with a solar system identical to our own?
No, a world called earth which is similar in every way to the one we have now. Now quit nitpicking and get one with the mans question.

·
IRONBORN
424 Posts
Considering that the main commonground that anyone could have (other than being human) would be that both cultures mainly worship a singular god who is the father of mankind. Unfortunately some other religions would be wiped out or driven underground, pretty much any that polytheist ideas.
Actually, the Imperium was based on the Roman Empire before christianity took hold; so they were actually pretty lenient on religion. As long as you do not hold your god higher than the emperor then your religion should be fine. That's why christians and jews weren't treated so well in the early days of the empire.

So I believe it would be the other way round. Jews, muslims and Christians are going to be the ones wiped out or driven underground.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I think in some respects our technology surpasses the Imperium. I think modern main battle tanks would compare well to a Leman Russ, the latest fighter craft, while being slower if you go by the FW stats for thunderbolts and lightnings, don't seem far off the capabilities those craft. I think if it came to a straight fight we'd do pretty well, but then you factor in the orbital support available, never mind SMs, it really flips it on it's head.

However, I think once the various governments realised just how badly out gunned in that regard we are, and that we wouldn't be wiped out if we just fell into line, they would capitulate. There would of course be pockets of resistance, but they wouldn't last long.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
If we resisted, we would be fucked... Our governments would never understand what we could gain from joining the Imperium of Man... They would resist... And lead us to our doom...

But that can be prevented...

There is a reason why I should be the leader of this planet...

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I guess we know when Doelago has accomplished his latest task of being leader of planet Earth when he addresses us as a Grey Knight!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Happened in the very first HH book. They even had an Emperor. The only thing that makes it weird is that we have a TT game of them. But the warp works in mysterious ways...

To the OP's question. We'd resist. They'd shoot the White House (or something) from space and we'd fold like a house of folding cards. Then life would continue pretty much the same.

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Moment they were detected in orbit the pres would be in a bunker. Don't know about your queen, not like it really matters much, but the US president would be safe.... for a short time anyway. US and Russia would probably just nuke the bastards. Well, they would try at the very least.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts