Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Heretics. So, I have been painting much in a while and I had this Space Marine biker laying around. So, I got him out, threw him together with some stuff out of my bits box, picked a chapter and went at it. Here are the results.

Constructive criticism and suggestions are not only welcome but encouraged as I'm really looking to improve my painting before the new marines come out and I start a new army of them.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
From the look of it, that's a good solid white you've got there :so_happy:

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
That's a good solid white and blue with nice highlights there but as Dave says the metal looks a bit patchy.

Also the texture of the white cloth seems the same as the white armor, maybe try changing it up a little bit to make a difference between the two.

Really nice work though.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Clothwise I think the trick is to try and give it a fibre like appearance, the way I do it is to start with a brown base and work up to a white so dark brown, light brown, bone, white but striping it on each time with a detail brush and leaving a little of the previous color behind, if you stripe it on it shouldn't be too hard to see what I mean.

I must say though this method works well when the mini is quite dirty, so I'm not sure if it'll fit with the style you are working with.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
There are so many ways to do weathering I think it's a great way to increase your skill with a paint brush as you learn so many different techniques.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts