1 unit 20 warriors h.weapon and shield +standard bearer
1 unit 16 Quarelers 8 wide 2 ranks deep
1 unit 16 Thunderers 8 wide 2 ranks deep
3 Cannon's
1 Organ gun

Total Points:1660

I like the 5 extra dispel dice to protect my units but if I can fit in something
better that's great.Also I am over so I guess the real question is what should I drop,or should I just add some more units to make a 2000pnt force?

I love my unit of warriors w hand weapon &shield "3+ ar save rocks"

Any help from Dwarf players or people who play alot of Dwarf's will be greatly appreciated.

Basically I stand where I am and destroy the enemy from afar and by the time they get up close my warriors wont have much left to fight.
My Runelord and Runesmiths just provide assistance and I should be able to stop alot of spells from hurting my units.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I myself am a huge dwarf Fan (I have about 4000pts) and regardless of what you do with them one thing is always true, Warriors are always needed and in 8th a unit of warriors with great weapons is the definition Heavy hitters. Best part with WS4 and T4 dwarves don't die to fast. Personally for a game of 1500pts I'd say a unit or two of 25 man warriors. Even though Dwarf rifles are good and get the +1 to hit they will usually just thin up the enemy. If you want some real range fire power I suggest the Bolt Thrower. It powerful and it cheaper add a engineer for BS4 or a Master if you wish to pay 70pts. For runesmith/runelords I feel Bad if I don't take a Spell Eater rune or two and if you plan on using the anvil I would suggest you wait til you hit over 2000pts (I use mine in 2500pts and up games). Finally no dwarf army complete without a Lord or Thane which should be put in your heavy hitter units for some boosted power. In 2500pts I run a Tank Lord and BSB in a unit of hammerer or warrior depending on my mood and the enemy. Whatever your choose I wish you the best of Luck but if you take anything from my ramblings then I hope it the understanding that no matter what kind of army you play if you using Dwarves have a few units of dwarf warriors (at least 2)

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Runelord /w/Anvil of doom
Runesmith
Runesmith
TOTAL 5 EXTRA DISPEL DICE
At below 2500 points an Anvil is too many points to sink into a character, IMHO. You're better off with a Dwarf Lord and a Thane Battle Standard Bearer. You need a BSB badly. BSBs are something no 8th edition army should lack.
1 unit 20 warriors h.weapon and shield +standard bearer
Up this to 24 minimum, 30 is better
Combine the Quarrelers into a block of 25 with 2HW, Full Command. Add a unit of 10 Rangers. Drop the Thunderers for Longbeards or Hammerers at about 24. Missile fire form thunderer's isn't going to be effective enough. You need the 3rd block of combat troops.
3 Cannons
Replace a Cannon with a Stone Thrower. Put RUNES on your war machines, they should all have the Rune of Fire and another rune or two.
1 Organ gun
Nothing wrong here.
Total Points:1660

I like the 5 extra dispel dice to protect my units but if I can fit in something
better that's great.Also I am over so I guess the real question is what should I drop,or should I just add some more units to make a 2000pnt force?

I love my unit of warriors w hand weapon &shield "3+ ar save rocks"

Any help from Dwarf players or people who play alot of Dwarf's will be greatly appreciated.

Basically I stand where I am and destroy the enemy from afar and by the time they get up close my warriors wont have much left to fight.
My Runelord and Runesmiths just provide assistance and I should be able to stop alot of spells from hurting my units.
Missile fire doesn't destroy units in 8th, they're generally too large to be whittled down that way. Count on the Strength of the Dwarves, smashing the enemy with sharp bits of metal!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to build a big gun line and whittle my opponents down I will add the extra warriors and up the 2 units to 30

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I am going to up it to 2000 points and add more fire power maby6-8 shooting units and 3 hand to hand units to smack down my opponent when they get up close.
I will post a new list tonight

·
Registered
55 Posts
if your gonna do gun line use a unit of thunderers and nothing but warmachines protected by 2 or if possible 3 units of great weapon wielding warriors. Though honestly i don;t even use thunderers anymore, I just use my bolt throwers and cannons to kill big nasty guys such as stegs until their dead then i use them on the enemy infantry. when i do use thunderers i use them as guards for my war machines but a organ gun works better

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
My regular opponent is a Dwarf player with well over 6000 points. I've faced everything from him and to tell the truth, I don't really fear a gunline as my units are usually too large to completely decimate and are backed up by the Lore of Life. With the nice speed boost dwarfs picked up this edition I believe a balanced list is waaay better.

Units I fear from the dwarfs include Organ Guns, Quarrelers /w 2xHW or GW's, Warriors/Longbeards, Anvils, Runesmiths, and Cannons.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Combine the Quarrelers into a block of 25 with 2HW"

Where does it say Quarrelers can take 2-Hand weapons????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts