Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I agree with Chumbalaya and Kirby here. Lash is good but is nowhere near as good as it's made out to be. The current mainstay of gaming nowadays seems to be mechanised forces so lash is seriously weakened against them. Hell I go hybrid lists, footsloggers and transports, and I have no trouble with lash, even with infantry models out on the field.

but to the OP. good troops for a lash list would be plaguemarines I would say. have around 4 if you can, 2 with fist and 2 melta, 2 with fist and 2 flamers all in rhinos. The flamers used in lash can hit every single model in the lashed squad so they're good that way.

Greater daemon is also the only good daemon from CSM I find too. have one of those units with a naked champ and call the greater daemon through him, lose nothing serious but gain a hell of a lot.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I've taken on tournament players using lash and still had very little trouble with it. by the time I'm in lash range I have the brunt of my force in range of the lasher and that thing is going down before his turn through a god awful amount of assault cannon fire, rifleman dreads, lascannons whatever. lash mean's absolutely nothing if the unit that can be lashed can't be seen. I have a combat squad with 2 meltaguns and a fist(using the combat squad rule, hence the 2 guns) hide behind a razorback and get to the prince in fair time, assault him and bam, gone by turn 2 as he will have wings and is coming towards me too.

People who say it's the best power in the game has played people who don't know how to handle it. not poeple who can handle it are playing people who don't know how to use it.

Also I'm not sure about being troops but chosen in a rhino would be a good option for a lash friendly unit. 4 flamers on them and you have a very good unit to take out clustered lash units.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
still that's only one wound more than what was said and a 5+ isn't going to do much as the majority of MC firepower chews through 3+ armour. last prince I played against, up against 2 of them, one was shot down by a rifleman dread in the second turn(120pts, much cheaper than the prince) the other was taken out by a 10 man assault squad with 2 meltaguns and a thunder hammer. I lost 3 guys from that unit and they went on to take out 2 more units in that game. Overall they were destroyed without moving a single unit of mine. They are not that strong and they are no longer that useful....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts