Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love the New knights, especially the Knight Castigator. They models are super fun to convert to Chaos and Knights can really kick some ass on the table top. It's also important to remember that the Knight Detachment is just another FOC, like the "primary" and "allied" ones, so you can take knights without using an ally slot even if (like us chaos players) chaos units within 6' of the knight will still suffer from the One Eye Open special rule and you can't deploy within 12' of a knight.

* These units will be included at 2k

HQ
1x Sorcerer w/ Terminator Armor + Balestar of Mannon = 110pts (With Obliterators)
* 1 additional mastery level at 2k

Troops
10x Chaos Space Marines + 2x Plasma Guns + Rhino = 205pts
10x Chaos Space Marines + 1x Plasma Gun + Rhino = 190pts

Heavy Support
3x Obliterators + Mark of Nurgle + Veterans of the Long War = 237pts
*1x Vindicator + Combi-Bolter = 125pts

Ally HQ
1x Daemon Prince + Daemon of Slaanesh + Wings + Warp Armor + Mastery Level 3 (Biomancy) + Greater Reward (Whip) = 310pts

Ally Troops
3x Nurglings = 45pts

Knight Detachment
1x Knight Errant = 370pts
1x Knight Castigator = 380pts

The idea behind my army is to control my opponents target selection. Since each knight moves 12 inches they will both be threatening devastating turn two charges making them the first must kill units. Armor 13 demands at least S7 weapons to glance its almost a sure thing that all my opponents High strength weapons will be trained on one or both of these two models. This is important because the Rhinos are a little squishy and have real trouble against anything S7+. Also the Oblits and Daemon Prince are quite survivable as long as they aren't the focus of high Str weapons.

The Knight Castigator will Shoot at infantry squads and AV12 and below. He will target large squads for assaults to take advantage of the sweep attack (1 attack for each model in base contact with the knight).

The Knight Errant will target High armor value vehicles and 2+ infantry in the shooting and assault phase.

The Lash Prince rolls on Biomancy in the hopes of getting Iron Arm. With Iron arm the Prince shoots 2d6 (averaging 7) S9 shots that hit on 2's, so no vehicle is safe. Even if he doesn't get Iron arm The whip will be S6 and still works great on rear armor and infantry alike. Even without the Iron Arm/2d6 whip combo he will still be able to cast smite in the psy phase and will likely have Either Leech Life or Enfeeble to throw around and is still great in close combat.

The Sorcerer Goes with the Oblits for protection and to cast prescience on his squad. At 2k My sorcerer will roll on both Divination and telepathy, always swapping for Prescience on the Divination table, and swapping for psy shriek on telepathy unless invis is rolled.

The Marines in Rhinos will stay embarked as long as the can while the squad's plasma guns fire from the Rhino Fire points. Their goal is to stay unharmed for as long as possible so they can throw their weight around late game.

The Vindicator is mostly a fear weapon, due to its vulnerability to an alpha strike. But With two Knights to worry about i doubt my opponent will be targeting the vindicator in their alpha strike. Since anything it hits is in big trouble, if I get get 2 or 3 turns of shooting out of it, I should earn my points back.

Nurglings are strictly a tax I pay for the lash prince. I'll infiltrate them on an objective in the deepest darkest, most out of the way corner of the board.

Let me know what you think and what you would change!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just realized that I don't need the VotLW upgrade on the Obliterators because the Sorcerer will bump the squad's LD to 10. I'm Dropping the VotLW and adding a Plasma gun to the CSM squad with only one special weapon.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
That looks... really solid, honestly. Having to deploy 12" away from the Knights will be a bit of a pain, but well worth it.

Are you sure you don't want to go with a Castigator and a Lancer? One for each type of target you might face... (Errant is fine, of course)

I would be tempted, at 2k points, not to go for a Vindi but to add a Soul Grinder to the Daemons side of things for another AV13 walker. AV13 on more sides than the Vindi, to boot. Might have to drop, I dunno, 5 CSM and a plasma gun to fit it in, with Slaanesh to get up the field almost as fast as the Knights and Torrent or Phlegm, probably. Though being able to stand back and Demolisher Cannon from afar also has its attractions, I guess.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
If you split those 2 big squads of csm up you can take 3 squads of 5 with plasmagun/rhino for more obsec squads and armor/threat saturation, and at the same time free up 20 points for a second greater reward on the prince.

Also, glad to see you finally using the whip/bio prince over telepathy.

I tag a knight along with my csm but I highly prefer the paladin over errant. Far more damage output. Then again I run a lot of maulerfiends to deal with high av, or just assault them with the d weapon. I'd love to fit in the one with the hellstorm template though. While the sweep attack is nice, the gun is whatever. A couple ap3 wounds will bounce off things in cover.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Personal pref says no to the vindi and take a maulerfiend. This would be another 'i run 12" a turn and eat tanks and units' guy so must be taken out fast.
the other thing would have posibally given yourself a void shield generator. So giving you a 12" bubble of 3X av12 goodness for blocking shots that can be placed anywhere in your own half of the board. So most likey protecting those knighty targets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts