Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently started reconsidering a lot chaos lords as a flexible and cheap HQ solution, as well as an effective way to give the fearless rule to large or already performing units. I actually got so enthousasthic about them that i decided to give a try to a competitive list featuring two of them. Has anyone tried something similar?

Lord: Bike, MoK, claw, fist..............................................135
Lord: MoK, Axe of blind fury...........................................110

20x Cultists, 2x flamer...................................................200
16x CSM, MoK, Icon of Wrath, 2x Melta, Power weapon........300

Helldrake...........................170
8x Bikers, 2x melta.............190

2x Oblits............................140
2x Oblits............................140
5x Havocs, 4x AC................115

TOT: 1500

The biker lord goes with bikes and the foot slogging one goes with cultists. I'm actually undecided on which of the two lords should have the axe of blind fury and which one the fist/claw combo. It is also a shame that i can't give the cultists the mark of khorne

Let me know your thoughts

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Drop 3 cultists to give the Oblits MoN.

I'd give the biker lord the AoBF and use the extra 5 points from dropping cultists and therefore a flamer in order to give the axe lord meltabombs as well.

I've tried a list with 3 squads of bikers, 2 squads of plague marines, though less HS--giving the fisticlaws lord MoN and running him in plague marines might be fun, though a Rhino might give up an easy first blood.

Oh, and your Cultists appear to be twice as expensive as they ought to be. Unless you're running two squads of them that size, which strikes me as... unwise.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, and your Cultists appear to be twice as expensive as they ought to be. Unless you're running two squads of them that size, which strikes me as... unwise.
Shit, you are right! that frees up 100 pts to implement all your suggestions and perhaps add a couple of bikers. I am reticent on including tranport since they will give up too easily if no other mech is present. The AoB on the lord sounds quite nice frankly.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Try giving the bikers the MoK, a champ with a power lance, and an IoW as well, Id say.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Since youve got a few extra points, have you considered giving your lord thats on foot a juggernaut? When i play CSM, even if i attach him to a foot slogging unit, i usually give my lord a big ol'brazen ride. It is true that you kinda end up wasting the extra movement, but the stat increases make him both more durable and deadly. My only concern with your list itself is your lack of troop choices. You have two big blobs, but cultists fall over if the wind blows too hard. That to me at least, creates a hard problem to solve, as most of the places i would try squeeze more points from arent worth that much. Maybe drop the bike squad to five or so guys? They arent as resiliant, but i think taking more troops is worth it.

Happy hunting

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
power lance sounds interesting, can you expand that mossy? i don't have the brb at reach right now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts