Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Same answer to the do I need a transport to use the transport question?

Yep you. There are threads around on how to make cheap drop pods.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
or you can go buy a can of coke or something and use that (once youve finished drinking the contents of course). its about the right size, we use it at our local, probably becuase they sell them aswell. DISCLAIMER : my local is NOT a GW so ya boo sucks to you if yours is!!! haha :p

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
really... i need drop pods that sucks there like 40 quid i can get alot more than that if i dont

·
Registered
505 Posts
The best idea would be to use paper cups, but convert them so they look like drop pods. (ex. a pintle-mounted storm bolter, drawn on wires and stuff, chapter-appropriate color scheme)

·
Registered
811 Posts
yeah, but damn, droppods should eb available in plastic, and untill then why should I not take an advantage my army has going for it (30 point DP's) because they dont make a model.

however, when plastic drop pods are available I will instantly buy 3.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Like every SM player, I too am upset about the drop pod situation. I'd love to buy them as its a pretty cool idea. If you don't want to resort to using plastic cups there's more than a couple options.

http://www.retribution40k.net/Projects/Droppods/droppods.htm

I haven't tried these out personally, but if it works it seems like a cheap way to make a couple drop pods that look sort of good. Probably recommend backing up the paper with some plastic card or some poster board.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Or, go get a few PVC fittings... 4" diameter looks cool... and a few PVC end covers and you have a strong basis for a realistic looking Drop Pod. It definitely won't break your gaming budget, and with a few spare bitz you'll have as many as you need.

I've also heard that Gatorade sport drink bottles make excellent pods, and have a unique shape that lends itself well the 40K visual, especially with the inclusion of a few bitz.

Either way, or any way, you choose to go... put some effort into it. Gaming is only a fraction of the hobby. Modeling, Painting, and Sportsmanship are also on equal terms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts