Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
The best idea would be to use paper cups, but convert them so they look like drop pods. (ex. a pintle-mounted storm bolter, drawn on wires and stuff, chapter-appropriate color scheme)

·
Registered
811 Posts
yeah, but damn, droppods should eb available in plastic, and untill then why should I not take an advantage my army has going for it (30 point DP's) because they dont make a model.

however, when plastic drop pods are available I will instantly buy 3.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Like every SM player, I too am upset about the drop pod situation. I'd love to buy them as its a pretty cool idea. If you don't want to resort to using plastic cups there's more than a couple options.

http://www.retribution40k.net/Projects/Droppods/droppods.htm

I haven't tried these out personally, but if it works it seems like a cheap way to make a couple drop pods that look sort of good. Probably recommend backing up the paper with some plastic card or some poster board.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Or, go get a few PVC fittings... 4" diameter looks cool... and a few PVC end covers and you have a strong basis for a realistic looking Drop Pod. It definitely won't break your gaming budget, and with a few spare bitz you'll have as many as you need.

I've also heard that Gatorade sport drink bottles make excellent pods, and have a unique shape that lends itself well the 40K visual, especially with the inclusion of a few bitz.

Either way, or any way, you choose to go... put some effort into it. Gaming is only a fraction of the hobby. Modeling, Painting, and Sportsmanship are also on equal terms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.